Cancun Beach Recovery-Dec. 29, 2009

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mixz1, Dec 29, 2009.

1. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what I've read, the project initially was to stop some 900 meters north of the Club Med beach. I had tried to figure out where that might have been but only using street KM measurements, it wasn't equal to linear beach measurements so not an accurate means. I hope that makes sense???

Also, the work operation currently is at the Omni (KM 16.5) so it would seem that if the work is stopped and moved to PDC that the GP will miss out now and be on the return. This is only my impression from trying to keep up with the progress.

2. Kearney

Kearney Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great Disappointment

My family and I will be staying at the Great Parnassus at the end of March, beginning of April. I was so excited to read about the beach renovation and now I am terribly disappointed that it has fallen through. Does anyone think it will be started again in Cancun? If so do you think it will reach the Great Parnassus by the end of March? I have my fingers crossed for a positive response. Happy New Year!!

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The project has stopped indefinitely somewhere around the Omni--before the Great Parnassus. It may or may not continue. The local government has not paid its part and they will be moving all equipment to Playa del Carmen.

4. Kearney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Project back on?

I read on some blogs that the prroject is back on. Do you think it will reach GP? Thanks for all of your pictures and input.

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has restarted as of Saturday and will reach GP.

6. Kearney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great News

Jim, Thanks you for the great news. Looking forward to the trip more than ever.:lotsofmichaelfs:

7. Josh121

Josh121 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can anyone who is living in cancun possibly take a picture of the oasis beach and put it up?

thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice