Cancun and Temptation needs you!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, May 4, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    We stayed at the hotel over the weekend, the decline in guest numbers was nothing short of upsetting. On Sunday they closed the buffet for dinner, everyone was eating in the specialty restauarants. Today 80 people checked out and just 10 checked in.

Many staff have been sent home for two weeks. One bartender (I wont mention his name) when we expressed concern told us not to worry about him - he had his savings to live off.... his savings after working there for around 10 years amount to just over $200. Needless to say he has a little more than that now.

This same story is repeated thousands of times over all of Cancun - and all for the sake of column inches and ratings. Cancun and Temptation are hurting right now and it is only people like you that can help it recover.

If you can make it down here please do it, lets get these guys and girls back in work!

2. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We haven't given up yet.

It's sad how the fear mongering and the reaction of the ''sheep"' can cause more damage than the actual virus. :breathefire:

George

3. jdavis331

jdavis331 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hopefully, the idiots in the media will suck it up and say they screwed up already so people can get back to normal... it's so stupid the madness the media can create... and the fact that people are falling for it even when they are given the hard core numbers is what is even more rediculous... we are looking at a few hundred cases (which yes, probably equates to more like a few thousand, since everyone isn't necessarily tested) out of how many COUNTRIES??? It's like throwing out a few grains of salt in the sand and trying to find them...

these numbers shouldn't even be enough to cause an uproar in dallas county, much less the WORLD!!!!!

R-E-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!

I feel really bad for those that depend on travel to make their livelihood... Obviously, you all know I will still be there, as will the three others in my group! I'll make the best of it! Don't worry about that!

4. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0

Ya know, this whole things been blown way out of proportion. What, only about 1200 cases reported world wide! The media sure took the ball and ran with this one!!
    Just my opinion!! It's all BS!!! :evil: :evil:

5. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    sherri and i will be there may 17th. count us in.

6. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    We totally agree with all the previous posts, but when your employer (Scott is military) issues an order that you can't travel to Mexico, you have to obey. :shock: :cry:

We are scrambling right now to find another place to go, but it just won't be the same. If we had any choice in the matter, we would be there in a heart beat.

We are so sad that the wonderful staff at Temptation are hurting because of this. It's just not fair.

Janice & Scott

7. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    We are trying our best to make it there. According to United, they are still flying daily to Cancun and our flight is still scheduled. Now, that is for today....we'll see in a week or so. We are thinking the hype should have died down even more by then.

See you all soon!!

8. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    still planning on being there....as long as our flight goes we for sure will

I was afraid this would happen....

9. BEEFY

BEEFY Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WE ARE STLL PLANNING ON BEING THERE AS WELL. 5/15-5/22

10. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are counting the days til Saturday!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice