Cancun Airport Car Rental

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by j9stecca, Feb 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. j9stecca

j9stecca Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are coming back to the Riviera Maya in May. We usually take a shuttle but this time we are going to rent a car. Can anyone tell me the best one at the airport?

Would like to get in an out as quickly as possible, but also want a good company.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You have many choices for car rental companies. Some you will never have heard of but most you have. Before I shipped my car here, at any time my car is going to be in the shop and I need one, I use Executive. I have never had a problem with their cars with their service. Car rental Mexico | Cheap weekly car rentals and Cancun car rental

That said, they all play games with the exchange rate and with the insurance, so just make your reservation carefully and know what you're agreeing to. 99% of the time no one has a problem with the Rent-A-Car just be prepared in case you fall into the 1% bracket.

I would always suggest that you shop around for rates, but make sure you're comparing apples and apples. A Tsuru is sort if a low end Nissan Sentra and an Atos is a little boxy car. I think Dodge has the exact product.

ONE THING THAT I ALWAYS RECOMMEND AND ALWAYS DO MYSELF IS - at the earliest possible moment feel every decal off the car. Rental cars magnets for crooked cops who will pull you over on some pretense solely for the purpose of extracting money from you.

3. pitboss

pitboss Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    USA Transfers. The best and most honest by far. I know the owner. Never used them because I own a car and have friends pick me up when I'm in and out but David and the staff will take care of you

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pitboss, USA Transfers DOES NOT RENT CARS. They provide airport transfers and private tours to points of interest. But you don't get behind the wheel.

The original poster questioned about renting a car, not an airport transfer.

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Friends just used Alamos from the airport and were very happy with the service.

6. Robbie.F

Robbie.F Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Easy Way Cancun Car Rental: your Cancun Airport Rental Car

Used them everytime, clean cars, great prices, excellent service, tell them the guys from locogringo sent you and they give you a discount.
    Ive recieved a free upgrade each time i rented from them as well plus a few beers and cold drinks while we waited for the new car to be cleaned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice