Cancelon

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by teamDMFP, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Rick&Alex

Rick&Alex Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Exacr Same thing just happen to us. Good thing that we kept our previous reservation with another company!

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I repeat... why use a site calling itself "CANCELon?"

Typically, there is that thing about when something appears too good to be true... & all that.

3. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Just thought I'd give an update to our booking and issues with Cancelon. I chatted with their customer service on Facebook Saturday morning and they indicated the reservation was made with the incorrect hotel. They said they corrected the problem and when I called TTR this morning, they did confirm they finally have a reservation in their system for us.

So, I think they are legitimate but have a lot of issues just getting shit done right LOL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    Thanks for the update. That should help some feel a little better about them.

5. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    I had no issues with Cancelon for my Feb '19 trip to TTR so when I got back and started looking at Feb '20 prices theirs were low so I booked next years trip on Mar 2nd. After reading the previous posts here I've been half expecting the email I got this morning.

"Warm Greetings from Cancelon!
    We are writing to let you know that Temptation Cancun Resort has just informed us that they will not be able to honor the booking for the dates of your reservation because of the allotment issue. This was done beyond our control and despite the fact that at the time of booking the hotel confirmed the reservation. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Following this, we would like to offer the below hotel as an alternative:

Ocean Spa Hotel - All Inclusive
    4-star hotel
    Address: Blvd. Kukulcan 3.5, Kukulcan Boulevard, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
    Phone: +52 800 020 2006
    Room Type: Single
    Board Type: All Inclusive
    Distance from the original hotel: 250 meters, 1 minute away

Compensation: 20% of the total amount
    In this case, we can offer you a choice of the following:
    (a) Accepting the alternate hotel detailed above. In this case, you will receive a new hotel voucher
    (b) Cancellation- in which case you will receive a full and prompt refund of all amount paid for this booking (The refund will be issued immediately however it will be shown in your bank account normally within 3-10 days. Normally within 3)
    Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience and we shall await your reply as to how you wish to proceed."

And wouldn't you know I just paid my CC card off yesterday. I guess it's back to searching for another great price. Air is already booked so I will be there one way or another.

p.s. Please don't PM me about a referral. If I decide to go that route I already have friends who are members I would get it from.

6. teamDMFP

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    That sucks...so far our reservation has stuck but I'll be continuing to contact the resort at least 1-2x/week, making sure they still have ours.

Do you know if the resort ever had you in their system with a firm confirmation?

7. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    We got the same exact email today cancelling our November trip. A couple of weeks ago I had checked with the resort and they confirmed our reservation (including res. #), so I have a hard time believing that the resort is the one cancelling. We wish everyone good luck, we won't use Cancelon ever again

8. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    I was going to confirm with the resort when I am there in May.
    I've got plenty of time to find another great price so I'm not really concerned. In a quick search I did today I'm noticing some of the 3rd party sites that used to have TTR don't have them listed anymore. It seams they might be cutting back on how many 3rd party sites you can reserve them through. Prices for Shitshow week are outrageous right now.

9. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yeah I don’t believe it is the resort and I don’t think they are cutting back on third party sites. Just feels like another not reputable site selling rooms they don’t have. These come and go every year. Plenty of options still on the traditional third parties... Expedia, orbitz, cheaptickets, cheap Caribbean, alpharooms, etc

10. teamDMFP

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    What I don't understand is people that (supposedly) have firm confirmations at TTR (confirmed by calling the resort), and then later those reservations are canceled. Of course, Cancelon indicates their business model is selling rooms that people purchased and are non-refundable. Not sure how that applies to TTR though since most reservations there are refundable in some fashion...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice