Cancelon

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by teamDMFP, Mar 14, 2019.

1. beachlovers10

beachlovers10 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    We just had our reservation cancelled by Cancelon for our upcoming trip in June. Called the resort first and they had no reservation made in our name and we booked it 3 months ago. Called Cancelon and Cancelon said that the resort is not honouring the reservation by this site so they refunded our money. So, who the hell knows what’s going on. Ended up booking with another site for a little more than what we had paid with Cancelon. We usually go through Referrals but the prices are so much higher than what’s being offered by third party sites.

2. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    Did you ever get a confirmation from Cancelon that it was confirmed?

3. beachlovers10

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    Yes, confirmed and with order number and everything. Was in the confirmation email i received when i booked it 3 months ago.

4. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    Ok well there was 2 separate emails. The first that has the order number and details and then a couple days later they send a confirmation email when the resort confirms it. Did you get the second email?

5. beachlovers10

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    Yes, and even a hotel voucher. Now when i called Cancelon today after reading someone else’s expericece on Facebook group, i decided to call to confirm our reservation, and lucky we did. Cancelon said they couldn’t fulfill the reservation because hotel was not honouring the reservation(who knows if that’s true, lol) and then said that they will book me into another resort for the same price. Ya right, no thanks. Asked for a refund and was given confirmation of refund. Now we’ll be waiting 10days to see if we indeed get our money. We’re not trying to scare anyone or say that it doesnt work, but for us, it definitely didn’t.

6. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    We got a hotel "voucher" as well, but it's only from Cancelon and I wouldn't consider anything valid until you get an actual documented reservation # directly from the resort.

7. beachlovers10

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    Yes, very true. But then we called, they got in touch with the hotel to get a confirmation number and they said hotel was not making the reservation. So it’s just not worth the hassle and the not knowing. We decided to cancel and move on!

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    This reminds me of what skyauction did to us years ago. They ended up cancelling times where the resort was busy and honoring reservations in extreme slow times. Probably had something to do with what the rooms were costing them. Sounds like the same thing is going on here. We got our money back but found out only a few weeks before our trip. Their excuse was the resort ran out of rooms. But then we could buy on other sites... just for way more money at that point. Ever since that experience we have stuck with cheaptickets and alpharooms. Sorry you all had to go thru this. Isn’t right and sucks

9. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    Kind of what we were thinking also. Our reservation is for November (slower time), and got a confirmation from the resort within an hour of sending an email. Seems like those going peak season (April, May, June) aren't getting responses from the resort and/or having reservations cancelled. Wonder if it is poor booking companies, or the resort offering "X" amount of rooms to multiple booking companies when really only "Y" amount of rooms are available. If the demand for rooms is greater than the rooms that are actually available, it makes sense why the hotel wouldn't honor the deeply discounted prices versus others. Shitty business plan, but we have experienced it with other resorts and been bumped for an entire weeks stay to a family resort instead of adults only that we originally booked. :mad:

10. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    So early this morning I received another email from Cancelon, this time with a "Confirmation Number" (6 digits). I know TTR uses a 6 digit reservation number so I was hopeful it was legitimate.

Called the resort and they still have no record of a reservation in their system. Giving Cancelon one last time to correct it but I doubt it will go anywhere...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice