Cancelling your trip?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by NicoleS, Mar 15, 2009.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I wounder if there are any awesome deals in Mexico, Steve do you know of any? Terry

2. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You get more "chips" with less on at lingerie night...I say wear the bathrobe there and go nude or in a thong (2 bucks at Targetto!)! He he he!

Sorry about the Layoffs for all you folks! They have layed off many people at the hospital and decreased staffing levels so even tho I have a job there is no oppertunity to work extra like there was even 6 months ago. I never thought I would have to worry about a job as a nurse but I can say I am scared right now.

As for if this is worse than the 70's...I have had two very elderly patients (with their full wits about them mind you!) tell me they feel like this is WORSE than the depression. Sure we dont have some of the senarios of that time but when you think about how the people of today have become so accustomed to a certain amount of luxury compared to then we have REALLY fallen. I sure hope things pick up!

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Actually the 70's were a lot worse. At the end of the Carter years unemployment was over 11% and interest rates were over 20%. We had to stand in line to fill up with gas. Of course I had to pick that time to start my practice. I survived but it wasn't easy.

4. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I remember standing in line for gas, but last summer we couldnt even find gas and if you could the lines where very long. Maybe in the 70's I was just to young and carefree to have noticed how bad things really where. Terry

5. NicoleS

NicoleS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Everyone may shoot me for saying this...but although the low gas prices are nice...I wish they would go back up a little bit. Then maybe the hubby would have a job again

6. btodde

btodde Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We were thinking about cancelling as well. My job has laid off a total 10% world wide and things aren't getting any better. I have worked at my job for 15 years, and thought I was safe, but not so much anymore. I am not laid off "yet" but they have cut my pay $25,000-$30,000 a year. So we will be very conservative when we come down in April. Maybe no Steve's booze cruise this year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice