Cancelling your trip?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by NicoleS, Mar 15, 2009.

1. NicoleS

NicoleS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Hubby and I have a trip booked for June...Friday we got the call that he got laid off. (F*CKIN OIL FIELDS) It looks like our only option is to cancel our trip to Temptaion. Has anyone had to do this and are their any penalties?

2. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We have not had to cancel but we have had to change, penalties just depend on how you booked. Most airlines will give you a credit to be used within the next year. Hopefully you purchased the insurance when you booked your trip. Sorry to hear about your husbands job. Rosa was recently laid off too so we know how it feels. Good luck

3. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    NicoleS..sorry to hear about your husband's lay off...My company cut us back to 35 hour weeks, so this trip in May is coming by the skin of my teeth... :? But like DavenRose said..If go took the insurance..you can get some of the money back... Hope things get better for u both...

4. Iowa Pork Chop

Iowa Pork Chop Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Take the trip and look for a job in Mexico.
    I had a friend that got fired and he is living there selling condo's now.

5. NicoleS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guys, unfortunately I did not take the insurance....his job told us there was NOTHING to worry about. (oh well...live and learn) While we can cancel and use the tickets another time we have decided to just go on the trip and have a week of no worries...it will just be tighter than we thought it was going to be :beerdrink:

6. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

We are planning to do the same thing for our September trip, it may be a little tighter than normal but at least we will be there!!

7. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Glad to hear your going..Have a great time and have a few drinks on me... :)

8. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Trip

Hey guys.
    Thats a great decision, I was just laid off recently and was contemplating cancelling my trip too....however, the trip was paid for and it was just a matter of going down with no spending money, The way I figured it, its all inclusive, Im getting away from the stress of being broke and unemployed, im going to meet some great people, go down and recharge my batteries and come back refreshed and start looking...I leave tomorrow morning , be on the beach by noon....Im going down with like a hundred bucks, but the trip will be worth a million bucks overall, So good luck, Hope he finds a job soon. Ill talk to you all when I get back in 11 days.
    Jim

9. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi, never seen things so bad, they say the 70's where worst, I dont think so. We are okay for now, but have a lot of stock, cant sell it, have real estate can't sell that either. This may be our last trip for a while and plain to have the best trip ever!!!!!!!. Terry

10. NicoleS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well i did find one solution....i don't own anything that would do for lingerie night or really anything to wear out if we go to any clubs. So I checked out ebay. I found a dress that I was looking at pre-layoff that was $25-$30 depending on what site you were looking at and i just got it new for $10. So here's hoping I will find more AWESOME deals!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice