Canadian SunWing prices going up again!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by gutch, Dec 31, 2008.

1. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Our trip in November cost just under $800 per person including taxes.

I see one on Tripcentral.ca right now leaving Jan 13th for $986 and Jan 17th for $1016 both including taxes from Toronto.

We haven't booked yet, but have faith that the prices will drop more before our trip in February. It's all about supply and demand and due to Christmas, demand goes up for Christmas presents so they raise the prices. Now that it's after Christmas, they will start to drop again.

2. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi Jen and Todd!. Wait wait WAIT. Many airlines are slashing prices. The economy in the US and everywhere is suffering.. Take advantage when you get the chance

3. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Price up again

Just checked the SunWing site and the price has gone up again! It is now selling for $302.00 more than we paid and we paid $100.00 more than we could have gotten it for by booking one day earlier. I really didn't think prices would continue to go UP as we get closer to the date of travel. Glad I bought when I did! :lol:

4. gutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Up again!

Price is up yet again by another $320.00. That's an increase of $720.00 since we bought our trip (and we paid $100 too much by booking "a day late"). WOW! :lol:

5. gutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Add another $120.00

A competing company that also flies from SSM to Cancun and also books Temptations just canceled their flights out of SSM. Price just increased yet another $120.00. Total price increase since we booked, $842.00!!

This completely goes against what I thought would happen - as the trip approached I thought the price would go down, not UP! Live and learn!

6. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Re: Add another $120.00

What is SSM, Toronto YYZ, has not changed in about 3 weeks, Itravel2000.com still lists my week (April 11) at 1049.00, I am going to wait about another month. 1049.00 is for a 4:00 pm flight, for 1127.00 I can do 6:15 a.m. and I am waiting for that one to drop.

7. gutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Add another $120.00

Sorry, I should have explained SSM, it's not an airport code but a short form that we often use in Northern Ontario to represent Sault Ste. Marie, ONtario. That's where we're flying from.

The price just continues to go UP!

8. gutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure nobody cares, but I'm having fun watching the prices go up, up, up!

Current price for the trip is CDN $3346, we paid CDN $2284 (should have paid $2184 but booked one day late) for two people, all-inclusive. That means the price has gone UP $1062.00 since we bought or 46.5%.

Wow, sure wish my investments would do the same thing! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice