Canadian Prime Minister speaks out

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by NormsKid, Mar 20, 2008.

1. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    must find said video lol

so obviously though the prison cant be that terrible..she enjoyed it at some point..

i agree though crime committed in mexico time served should be in mexico..so now she will come back here to a minimum security prison, live the good life off the governemnt for a while longer then be released? to do what move back to mexico? what i dont get is this double credit thing. she served two years so shes could get credit for four..stupid..

i love the martyr
    god makes me embarassed how so many people can be so ignorant...blah blah blah..this story is old news and should never made the front page of the paper..

2. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love the fact that her defense was based solely on the fact that her ex boss (convicted felon) said she didn't know anything about the fraud....

that is solid proof!

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ifind it mildly humerous that she thinks it was ok to be there working illegally and there was nothing wrong with that as well..

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I seriously doubt that her entire defense was based SOLEY on what the boss said. The fact is that her entire defense was reduced to writing and submitted to the court and we are not privy to what exactly was submitted to the court for review.

All we get are tiny snippits of "info" from a newspaper article, written by someone who also has not seen the actual briefs that were submitted. Even the attorney for Ms. Martin said that he wasn't sure what the judge hung his hat on because he hadn't seen all the paperwork.

So, I'm not so quick to jump on the bandwagon of either side.....other than to say the justice system in Mexico is arse backwards and puts the accused in an almost impossible position of proving innocense.

To me, things reek on both sides of the case...

Michelle

5. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bah, she isn't the first to be/work in Mexico illegally. Imagine if they'd all be in prison? hehe

6. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this is true, but she got caught lol

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Time for another one of my "bias" comments....

Better she work illegally in Mexico than illegally in the US! :shock:

Michelle

8. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Really? Doesn't the US provide free health care, free dental, free free free free free?

I was thinking about working illegally in the US :D

9. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    why is that?

10. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Working illegally = not paying taxes. Not in Mexico, and definitely not here.

Why are our tax $ being spent to bring a convicted criminal back to Canada and house & feed her for years? She fled to Mexico to work illegally, she committed her crimes in Mexico, she was convicted in Mexico... should not be our problem or cost us any money.

She's been there on her own for 10 years. Let her spend another 5.

That doesn't include her transfer costs.

At an average of $55, we could better spend the $200k (average) per year for 3 years to plant 11,000 trees and let her do her time in Mexico. If it keeps her supporters from bitching, I wouldn't mind naming 1 of the 11,000 trees after her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice