Can you or can you not climb the pyramid at Chichen?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Elizabeth, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm getting mixed answers.

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me too, me too! I have students that have gone on school trips recently who have told me they climbed it, but tour companies are saying it's closed. Is it just for the "special" people now?

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have heard it's open directly from people who've been there recently. Am thinking of going out there in a couple of weeks with mom. It will be my 7th visit there.

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks kim. I will be going tomorrow for my very first time. I know....embarrassing!!! Thats why I'm going finally!

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    E - Have fun!!! We always bring a cooler with snacks in it, that makes it a little less of a journey. And we bring some good music for the car ride, and extra batts for the camera. Oh, I'm jealous...will wait for your trip report chica.

6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Had a really great time. As of yesterday you could not climb the pyramid. Our guide said that they would reopen it but didn't give a date. So for now, no climbing! Bummer.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Liz - Thanks for the info. It's amazing how many conflicting reports I've gotten on this. But I'll believe you because I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE...

I'm glad you had fun.

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We attend a wedding at Merida last Saturday but went on Friday to Mayaland, catch a bit of equinox and Castle was closed for climbing but to my surprise the Observatory that remian closed last 6 years, was open :shock:

9. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    :shock: you're kidding me! :shock:

10. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No joke, I went into t for the frst tme 15 years ago and then 5 years later and this time it was open and awsome also to see the equinox there where the light cross for only 3 days on the year from the lttle windows at the top.

Is amazing their accurate astronomy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice