CAN YOU DECIFER THIS ????

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunTom, Mar 18, 2009.

1. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Found this scratched into the stucco wall next to my front gate. Can anyone tell what it means?

[​IMG]

2. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You may want to contact Steve. Check out his second post on this thread. Sounds awfully familiar. Keep a watchful eye as well:

www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42074

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whatever it is, I'd paint over it for sure and get a "Beware of Dog" sign for that spot.

5. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have 2 pitbulls and dont have any worries anymore. One night about a year ago some guy came in the window at about 3 am and got quite a surprise! Now since we have moved to a different neighborhood we leave our front gate open a lot but the policia have stopped several times to tell us to shut it because there have been robberies, but its my gate and I dont think anyone will have the nerve to come in unless they have a gun with these 2 on duty....
    [​IMG]

6. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HaHa! Love the pic! You wouldn't catch me trying to come in with those two waiting.

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only time I have ever seen marking on my gatepost was from the census people but I guess the conspiracy theorists are safer! :) I also love the pit bulls with the security shirts!

8. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I cant speak for the writing on everyone else's places.. but the scribbles like that on my house are for the census and heath dept. people. I was there 2 times, when they wrote it... both times they knocked..asked a few questions. (how many adults/children for the census, last time I cleaned and put the anti bacteria stuff in my water tank, for the Salud people... nothing that got my attention) Both times the people had what looked to be official ID's around their necks, clipboards, and didn't look like anyone to worry about....

I've also seen the water guys writing things near meters.. presumably related to the pipe layout.

Anyway, your free to remove the markings anytime as far as I know... but then you might get more knocks from the people that go around keeping the stats.

Maybe it is a massive joint effort by some "Robbers Union", to have people go around acting official and make the markings.... but I find that a bit hard to buy.....

If you look closely most every place in Cancun has these markings somewhere... maybe the criminals have a similar system.. but I think the idea that this is a marking for robbers is a bit of paranoia....

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tom, it's not a thieves code. It is as the others say done by census or health department. If they have access to your water supply, go check to see if they have dropped those little bags in your tank to kill off the mosquitos.

This always irritated me because it's just not cool to write on people's walls. Especially an official govt agency....but...hey....this is Mexico.

10. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions

We have never been visited by the heath dept. and we have never been interviewed by any census takers, and no one has ever added anything to our water as it can only be accessed from inside the house because the cistern is under the kitchen floor. I have a very hi resolution picture of that wall taken in Dec. around Christmas time and those markings aren't present in it, so they have been added since then. They are a mystery to me, but obviously mean something to someone that took the time to put them there. They were not pencil or pen markings but actually scratched into the stucco. Therefore they were not easily noticeable and could not be washed off. ????? :roll:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice