Can it be true?? Starbuck's at last??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jim in Cancun, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rumors in today's paper say that this weekend they will open one in La Isla. Hope they are not just playing with our emotions!!!

Of course for me it is too late--gave up coffee about 6 years ago but they have great teas, pastries and atmosphere--and the smells!!!!!!!!!!!

2. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They were going to open one a few years back next to the Mc D´s near Coral Negro market. There was a sign and they were working on it and then stopped. I WAS TOLD (thus not making this a fact, but heresay) That the guy who was funding it was put in jail for some kind of fraud.
    Glad it´s here even though I too gave uup coffee when I moved here, it´s hot enough already. :cool:

3. hayes

hayes Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG when its hot you have a wonderful iced coffee drink! YUM. I love Starbucks..lol. I am a mystery shopper for them here in my area. :shock:

4. tomsdreads

tomsdreads Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back, there was a Starbucks in La Isla.

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Too bad the La Isla Shopping Village website is down/no longer existant.

6. Wabash

Wabash Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I swore I would move out of Cancun if they ever opened a Starbucks. Good thing, I had already made the move. :lol: Anyone who charges $5 for a cup of coffee should be arrested, IMHO. I don't care if its grown in the Peruvian Alps with imported, organicly-cleaned pigmies.

7. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The same guy that is the owner of the franchise of Dominoes´s Pizza at Cancun is the one that bought Starbucks franchise for Mexico. He use to live in the HZ and got back to Mexico with his family 1 year ago.

He try to buy BUZZ Café at Nayandeí Plaza for 6 months as it is the most popular spot for teen-agers but the owners did not want to sale.

Yes we are having a Satrbuck at La Isla

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yahoo! :cool:

9. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fricken Starbucks its a plague, they somehow managed to get a lot DT that was supposed to be a Municipal Park, Area Verde and they are building it really sucks. :evil:

10. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok I'm confused now, so are they building one downtown or are they opening one in Las Isla?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice