Cameras

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Dave & Audrey, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Ali & Dean

Ali & Dean Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Or you can just leave your camera on the plane. HaHa. And then take a trip to Walmart for a new one with a crazy taxi driver who no-speaka-the-lingo !! :flash:

2. sdherman

sdherman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL, Shart the hell up you Crazy Brit!!!

3. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Im ready for my closeup............ Ill be the guy at the swim up bar on the 22nd.............

4. missnbluebay

missnbluebay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    and the web site is what?...

5. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
  6. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it really a public place though? The resort itself is private. Only guests can be in the resort and around the pool (the beach is public). If TR set the policy of no cameras then people will fall in line. Especially at the Nice Shoes bar.

We remember when the rule was enforced and people still had good time and actually more people got involved knowing that there were no cameras. Desire and Hedo seem to be able to police the cameras... why not TR.

7. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Well, like it or not, I think that the "no cameras" rule would affect the marketing of the resort.

I have to be honest, that one of the "selling factors" of the resort for us was being able to go online, look at the fun that was being had, for my wife to be able to assess that if she wanted to go topless, that she wouldn't have been the only one doing so at the pool, to be able to see the facility a bit, etc. etc. etc.

The owners/management of the Temptations resort know this and well, choose to not limit it as a result.

I suppose they could limit cameras around the sexy pool, but then how would you block access to the skeeves with long lenses on balconies overlooking the sexy pool? The bottom line is, you cannot, not without having to increase the security force exponentially.

When we were there the rule of thumb seemed to be that if you were up and participating in an activity, then you were fair game to get your picture taken. Otherwise, folks were pretty polite about not taking your pictures. There were definitely cameras at the lingerie event, but again, I think people were reasonable about it and only took pictures of the public lineup for the judging at the end, that and just pictures of themselves and their friends together.

My wife's opinion of it is "oh well, it's an acceptable risk" that and "I'm a 44 year old mom of 3. Yes, I work hard to keep my body in decent shape but at the end of the day, I'm not some 20-something-year-old hard body, or some gal with big implants - and I've got to think that that's where the cameras will get pointed, not at me. So therefore, acceptable risk."

If you do find yourself with a lens pointed at you and you'd rather not have your picture taken, then put your hands over your boobs and make a face at the guy! And then send your husband over there with a reasonable request to delete the photo. We had to do that once - there was a guy that had a big Nikon, and wasn't getting in the pool - just sitting in a lounger - I caught him snapping a few pics of my wife and I went over to him and said "pal, please don't do that, and please delete anything you shot. I then asked him to delete the pictures while I watched (helps that I own the same camera ...) - which he did. He probably took more, but I haven't seen them online anywhere.

She/we did find ourselves in a few shots on photo albums on Fotki, Webshots, Flickr and others that were taken the same week we were there - again but no worse than anyone else might have seen of themselves taken during the same week.

8. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agreed.
    Marsh

9. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since you didn't visit before they relaxed the rules on the cameras you really don't know what you're missing.

I don't remember them ever policing the cameras at the sexy pool but I can tell you for sure that the nightly games were a lot more fun and had a ton more participants when they didn't allow cameras and if you were in for the event you had to participate (ie quest/anything goes).

If you didn't want to follow those rules then you were asked politely to go.

10. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    Well said!! and by the way THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR AWESOME PICS!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice