Camera question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunCanuck, Feb 14, 2007.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all!
    I have had three different cameras since living in Cancun and seem to end up having the same problem with them. Over time, the batteries last shorter and shorter durations. It gets to the point where I put new batteries in and can take 2 or 3 pics before the camera either shuts off or I get the "batteries exhausted" message. It must be the humidity, but how can I solve this problem? I was using rechargeable batteries but gave up on that and now am going through Costco sized boxes of batteries far too quickly. It's frustrating (and expensive). Any thoughts?

2. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, i was having this same problem with my camera, i thought it was pooched. turns out that it was my charger that died and once i got a new charger forthe regarchagble batteries everything was ok?

are you getting a new charger with each camera or using the same one?

3. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not your camera, it's the batteries.

Rechargeable batteries (that look like regular batteries) are fickle creatures. They don't like temperatures, they don't like being overcharged, they don't like being dropped, they don't like being carried in anything with other metal objects in it, and for goodness sake, NEVER carry them in a pocket with lose change or the like as they can easily combust under certain circumstances.

Typically, under Mexican weather conditions 500 charges is the most you could expect from these batteries, with each charge being a bit weaker than the last. If any of these other issues occur, you will get even fewer charges out of them before they are toast.

As Apple stated, the charger itself can also cause this problem.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did stop using the rechargeables a while ago and am having the same problem with the disposables. Is there a way to clean the contacts inside the battery compartment?

5. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can use a q-tip with a bit of rubbing alcohol. Just one little drop should be fine. Put the solution right on the q tip. Or if they arent real bad, a pencil eraser will do the trick.

6. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never knew that. good to know

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice