Cabo Wabo

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by SunBuffs, Feb 17, 2007.

1. SunBuffs

SunBuffs Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know what the average price for a bottle of Sammy's finest runs down in paradise?? Hoping to pick up a jug or two

2. Dawn a.k.a. Maria

Dawn a.k.a. Maria Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Remember, you can only buy liquor at the duty free store at the airport, unless you want to pack it in your luggage. But, if you want to carry it on, it has to be purchased at the duty free. And I saw several bottles of liquor taken when we were going through security. I priced Cabo at the duty free, there are 3 different grades, but unfortunately my memory is failing me at this point. I do remember one of them was around $40, but not sure which one. Hope this helps a little!

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    You'll find Sammy's Cabo Wabo is about the same price as back in the U.S. (if that is were your from). In all honesty everytime I look at the liqour prices through out Cancun (including downtown) and duty free at there airport I rarely find much of a price difference then back home. Surely not worth the hassel of lugging it around. We are from Wisconsin so it maybe different then other states. Once in a while they'll have a sale on at the duty free on a few liqours and the price is good.

Nick and Renee

4. dmb89

dmb89 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is in the $30,$40 and $50 range in duty free depending on the age. Not that much different than here in Illinois. If bought in the duty free then they will keep it and you will get it back right before you step on the plane. It was a hassle then when we got in to St. Louis because it had to be put in our checked luggage before we went back through security. Other liquors we had bought at Walmart was already in our checked luggage. Probably wouldn't buy any liqours in duty free just because of that.

5. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Hey SunBuffs, I have found CW resposado and anejo at Coral Negra. There is a little store at the northend that I have bought both for $40US apiece. The last time was May06. I'm sorry I don't know the name, all I can tell you is it is at the north end of the market and they have a door that leads out to the alley. There is also a little longeria(sp) with great food there. They have the Cabo in a little cabinet right next to the door.
    I'm gonna be back in May and plan on heading that way to get some. I have not seen Cabo downtown(I have not been to Eroupa(sp) by Wallyworld, so I don't know if they sell it.

6. R&H in Kelowna

R&H in Kelowna Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CABO WABO REPOSADO ( Turquise blue bottle ) $34.00 us or about $45.00 Canadian. The same bottle back in Canada $110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice