Cablemas vs Tel Mex DSL Internet -- which is better

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by hmuraco, Jun 16, 2007.

1. hmuraco

hmuraco Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New to Cancun from USA. Currently using DSL from Tel Mex and finding it slow. Does anyone know if Cablemas internet is faster, better, relible etc compared to Tel Mex DSL? Thanks for any information.

2. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last time I checked, CableMas was using Telmex for transport to the USA, and that's where the bottleneck is. So changing probably won't make much difference.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What level of service are you paying for and how close to that do you actually get?

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had Cablemas for over a year, it went out at least twice a month, out as in no service at all for hours or days.

Telmex's DSL worked through Wilma and didn't go down once in the entire year following Wilma, not once. I would not go back to Cablemas.

However, I do think that my DSL has been pretty inconsistent in the last two weeks though, up and down, slow and not so slow.

5. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Overall I have been very satisfied with Telmex's DSL. I have several friends using Cablemas and they seem to have problems quite often and lenghty outages.

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Telmex, Prodigy Infinitum........... the best service

7. hmuraco

hmuraco Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info

Thanks a lot for the information. Very helpful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice