Cablemas Int'l Channels

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Susan in Cancun, Jul 28, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susan,

As you now know, what they told you about the HZ makes zero sense. You are not remotely close to anything like the HZ and they typed in a few codes and bingo, you have these 2 channels.

I have 3 boxes. I started with 1 and added 2 more. I had to buy them for $1,000 each but they are mine and without rent. I am sure I can fence them somewhere if I ever want to change from Cablemas, or Cablemenos as many ppl call it. Where is Liz when we need her?

She knows we all miss her and hope she comes back soon. My upstairs neighbor was talking last night about missing her, or was it 2 nights ago? Who knows, every day is the same.

2. Caribbean_Expat

Caribbean_Expat Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    all their wanting is some cashola, give them a 20 and that will probably be that, you probably wont have to pay extra either as it will not be on your bill but directly hooked up on your box. Or dare I tell you to do this..... do it yourself?????? Cable people arent company men, lol. They will usually do something like this, everyone Ive asked has. Money talks

I dont see why you would buy $3,000 worth of cable boxes when you can but dish network for 200-300 or so. thats like a years worth of tv. So what if their yours to keep, its not likely that you can sell them. Thats just a waste of money imo, but you probably have more than I do to throw around so...

3. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I see no need to pay someone for something you are already paying for, so the tip about money talks IMO is not a good one. The reason they don´t bill NBC or ABC again IMO is because they are getting the feeds illegally.
    The cost of Dish network (illegal) was about 400USD ayear plus all the equipment. That price was what I paid about 7 or 8 years ago. I now have a freind that has Dish Network and pays about 60 usd a month plus the initial costy of equipment. My friends service is also "Pirata", not legal.

4. Caribbean_Expat

Caribbean_Expat Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that was my point, I didnt mean to offend anyone about the 3g's worth of cable boxes. Its just cable tv, in no way would I ever even consider paying 3g's for 3 cable boxes that only work with their service, I assume anyway.

and of course, if your already paying for the service then obviously and it goes without saying dont bribe the guy and pay twice as much if your already paying for it. I mean if you dont have it and want it to offer this first before you even get any extra channels hooked up. Most cable men will just give you all channels not just the ones you want as it is easier to do that way.

If nothing else, look around follow your cable lines, look at them and see if you can turn channels on and off yourself, watch the cable man as he does it, he has two hands just the same as you, it can be done yourself.

Also its not like the cops are going to get called if its found that you have bootleg cable, all thats going to happen is it will be back to what you paying for.

If your already paying for those channels, I know you shouldnt have to but look to see if you can turn them on yourself, if you can I would consider this the easiest route. If your already paying for them then doing this isnt illegal either.

5. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susan,
    Don't ask me why but I have 4 Tv's in my house (With only 2 bedrooms), I think it has something to do with with the three grandkids, but anyway I bought the Cable, Phone and Internet package and the only problem I ever have is keeping all 3 running at the same time.
    As a matter of fact I just got a bill today and it costs $760 pesos total (Now that does include some long distance calls) :cool:

6. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am pretty sur that TJ spent 3000 pesos, not 3 g's.

7. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are in the HZ and when we were looking into TV connections (phone and internet too), Cablemas told us that it was NOT even available on our Calle. So, back here I came to search for another means and thankfully found 'hodamayo' for TV and Telmex for phone and internet.

8. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn i am glad I live in bumf%+*#k Egypt. I have all the service I need, and yes it goes out from time to time, but hell $750 pesos a month (for all thre services) who can complain. All you people in the HZ are making me feel better about living down here in thr real world.

9. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spin. You are right. And I actually bought two of them as the first one was probably billed in my initial fees. I thought in Mexico we speak of pesos and not dollars.

I have no idea what this guy is talking about, turning on these channels at the box, following wires, etc. It is done through their computer which sends a signal to the digital box. I think that even Cablemas is in the digital age and the days of connecting HBO inside the digital box, or climbing 8 meter poles are ancient history.

If he wants to be a crook so be it. Not sure how offenders of his sort are punished here but in the US the charges are called Grand Theft.

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey bncancun,

How many channels do you get with that Cablemas cable/phone/internet package? Any premium stuff like HBO? And what speed do you get on your internet service?

Thanks.

Oh yeah, I have not seen you in forever. Do you still want the two bottles of Boar's Head Horseradish Sauce I brought for you two or three years ago? I am not sure of its shelf life. $7 USD if I remember.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice