Cablemas Int'l Channels

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Susan in Cancun, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got the International Package with Cablemas, but I don't have channels 284 or 286 (ABC and NBC). I remember several of you saying that you had those channels, but some of you had to complain to Cablemas before you got them.

For those of you that complained and ended up getting the channels in question, do you have the International Package or some other package? I just want to know before I start causing trouble at Cablemas. ;-) Also, does anyone know if Jonathon is still working in Customer Service at the Chichen Itza office??

Thanks!

Susan

2. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found so much great information at this Site on just about everything I needed having to do with living in Cancun that I feel like I know all the older posts by heart...

With that said and a big thank you to all, I'm pretty sure this is the thread by the "posters" who know the most about 284, 285 and 286 (ABC, NBC and CBS on Cablemas).

American TV http://tinyurl.com/6x4qfn

3. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cable

CancunMole,

I found that thread, but was hoping for some more recent information. Thanks though!

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susan, you can either go to the offices or phone them and tell them you want those channels and tell them all of your other friends have it so you know it exists. They should add them for you. If that's not enough info, talk to TJ.

5. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did exactly what Liz said and it worked. Now I am missing my dish bigtime , I think we will be going that route shortly.

6. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cable

Thanks Eliz and Cunspin!

I just got back from Cablemas and I still don't have channel 284 or 286. They told me that they only offer those channels in the hotel zone and, even then, it's not for residential customers. I told them that other people I know have the channels. Then, they said only customers that had the old boxes could get them. WTF???? Does anyone have a phone number (extension number) of someone HELPFUL at Cablemas...or know a technician that can hook me up with those 2 channels for a propina??

I would've been fine with only having channel 285 (American Network) if I hadn't seen ABC and NBC listed in my guide. Now I know they are available and they are just teasing me. Bastards!

Help!!!

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to the office on Lopez Portillo at the end of Bonampak and they were helpfull when I did the original contract. Plus my box got fryed by lightening about a month ago and they came within 24 hours with a new box and the tech unblocked all the feeds right then with a NEW box.

8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cable

Thanks, Cunspin!!! That is good news, since I went to the office on Chichen Itza (didn't know about the one you mentioned). Maybe I will have better luck there.

What kills me is Cablemas is running a business and I am willing to pay for services they offer....but they won't let me have them. So, if they have products people are willing to pay for, but they don't allow people to buy them, how do they stay in business? And why do businesses make it so damned hard for customers to actually pay them and get something done?! I'm not a big fan of Mexico today, in case all of you haven't figured that out yet.

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susan, just keep fighting it and bitching them out and ask for someone higher up.

I believe they are told not to allow those channels unless people really push for it. Either that or they don't know anything about anything and make stuff up. Wouldn't be a first.

You can and will get those channels. Keep on it.

10. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susan,

I like Cablemas, they installed my service (phone, internet, TV) in 24 hours just when I cancelled from Telmex after 3 months waiting, but I am not TV addicted. Actually my tenant disconnected my TV (the modem and connections are in the studio), so I will get it back when I get rid of him (soon, I hope).

But in the Lopez Portillo (Plaza Esmeralda) office, there are only 2 girls, no boss, and I already got many contradictory info from them. So when I have something important to solve (like billing), I go to Chichen, you can go see the manager Roberto Rodriguez. Complain that you can't get what other people have :evil: . He is very nice and helpful.

But I think they are big and want to get much bigger than they can. Also the eternal issue here... you know.

Good luck, Susan.

BTW, did I email you, or did I only intent? :oops:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice