BYOB drinks at TTR

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by turk870, Jan 23, 2011.

1. turk870

turk870 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +340 / 1
    We were thinking about bringing some BYOB to TTR, but we are not sure how that works. Can you buy it from where you live, and put in your luggage before check-in? Would customs confiscate it from you if you do? Or, do you have to wait til you get to Cancun, and buy it at the duty-free shop? I wonder if they would have Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey there?
    :daveandmo:

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    When you run out of your duty free stuff on the second day there is a liqueur store across the street from the resort

3. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    Yes u can bring liquor in your luggage

4. fit4funcpl1

fit4funcpl1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0
    There is a web site called Rumrunnersflask.com that sell all different size flasks that dont get detected from the airport scanners.We bought a set last Nov. for our cruise. and got 4 bottles thru security. The alcohol on a cruise is very exspensive so we were impressed and saved a ton of money! check it out..

5. racer1510

racer1510 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    From the U.S. to Mexico you can bring two bottles of alcohol per person...We asked this question at customs on our second trip and have done so ever since without any problems...April will be our eighth trip...so its worked five times..

6. twojays

twojays Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    They have Jack Daniels, not sure about Wild Turkey. But there is a store right accross the street where you can buy almost anything you want and the bar tenders will hold it for you. I drank 3 bottles of Capitian during our stay, all bought at XOXO for 15$ each and Oliver, Angel, Tiger and Diego made sure the bottles followed me around day and night. The staff is awesome.

7. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    My suggestion would be to buy it there. Nothing like a rough luggage trip and having all your clothes soaked in boose before you even get to start your vacation. And as has been said, they have no problem keeping your personal stash behind the bar for when you need it. Just don't forget to tip for the assitance. ;)

Jamie

8. MRMRSDIESEL

MRMRSDIESEL Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    we were behind a guy from Cancun to Atlanta, his bottle broke in his luggage...Imagine that mess...

9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I was "lucky" too it broke on the way home even though i wrapped the crap out of it.

10. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Last may we bought a couple bottles of crown royal at the cancun airport. They have a new duty free store AFTER customs and immigrations right next to baggage claim. Actually killed time while we waited for our bags. Good prices too. :ernaehrung005:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice