Buying Membership

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by slider676, Nov 23, 2023.

1. slider676

slider676 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are planning to purchase a membership from a current member. Has anyone gone through that process on setting up a contract between 2 parties and how to coordinate with Premier? Just trying to make sure no one gets screwed.

Also curious if anyone has done a similar contract for beneficiaries?

2. Crystal

Crystal Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 1
    We have friend's as beneficiaries, we don't have a "contract" just our "word", you would defiantly have to trust the person you are making the deal with. If there were any problems down the road I believe that you would have to deal with it in small claims court (if they are in the same country as you) as Premier wouldn't want to be involved.

3. slider676

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would you say most people underestimate how hard it is to get beneficiaries on a contract? It makes sense on paper, and I know there are people that have essentially made their memberships free, but I’m wondering if it would be difficult without a large group of people you consistently see at the resort?

4. JandMS

JandMS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 1
    We have done it. We use a short 1 page contact, just to make sure that all parties understand exactly what they are getting. I also have a 6 page FAQ for prospective beneficiaries. But we aren't selling to friends. I would never go in to a long term deal with a stranger on just a promise. Maybe if you are only selling a single stay I could see it being less formal.

As for Premier, it's a simple process to add or remove beneficiaries. It takes 5 minutes to provide the details of contact number, legal names, number of nights, contact info.

5. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +628 / 2
    When you say "number of nights", is that for free nights or discounted nights?

Typically, how is this done? Does the beneficiary pay the owner an agreed price for a set number of (free/discounted) nights? Does the beneficiary pay first, and then the owner provides Premier with the details? I'd imagine that would involve a lot of trust, for example, me giving you money first, and depending on you to keep your end of the deal. How is the money exchanged, Venmo, PayPal, check?

Sorry for all the questions!

6. JandMS

Ratings:
    +159 / 1
    Premier contracts are sold as a certain number of nights. When I add beneficiaries, I am selling a subset of those contract nights.
    I'm happy to share my FAQ and the sample contact I use, so long as you agree not to share with the world.
    As for payment, I use PayPal and business transaction, give both sides slightly more protection. Personally, I inform premier after receiving payment, but again it's all spelled out.

7. EH and SH

EH and SH Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I would love to see your faq’s and 1 page agreement! Would you mind emailing it to me? We are members but have needed something similar to what you are talking about for beneficiaries. Thanks!

8. slider676

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not trying to make you give it out to the world, but I would love to see it as well since we are about to be members this week.

9. JandMS

Ratings:
    +159 / 1
    Sorry, All for the delay. I won't repeat my whole doc here, but the sections I have include: Overview, Rooms, Standard Member All Inclusive Rates, Loyalty Rewards, Purchase Example (the math), Premier Perks, and a section specific to Miches.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice