Buying Liqour In Cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Lovetakedown, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Lovetakedown

Lovetakedown Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are the prices of buying liqour when you get to cancun adverse to buying it at the airport itself before you get there via duty free? I have the option of taking a straight flight via a terminal in the US that doesn't have a duty free shop at all or taking a connecting flight from one that does with a 4 hour layover? Help me out my cancuncare friends.

2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I highly recommend getting to Cancun and doing your shopping in town. The area known as Centro (Downtown) has two stores that are conveniently located within a block of each other, that I highly recommend. Wal-Mart, believe it or not sells liquor at very reasonable prices. However, an even better selection can be found at the nearby Plaza Hollywood at La Europa. These are the two places I always visit on my first day to stock up on liquid refreshments.

212eric

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd have to agree about not buying at the airport and doing your shopping in Cancun. The only downside of waiting til you get to Cancun is that there are some brands of booze that you simply cannot get in Cancun no matter where you shop.

If you are brand specific, I'd suggest posting exactly what your looking to buy to make sure that they sell it in Cancun.

Michelle

4. Lovetakedown

Lovetakedown Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ummm Patron, Hennesey XO? Will think up some more later,lol.

5. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    patron

I don't think Patron is available in Mexico. Only for export. Don Julio is about the same. As for tequila, there's an ongoing chat on the first page of posts. lot's of ideas and opinions.

Enjoy :daveandmo:

Jimmy

6. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brandy, Whisky, Gin - I buy at the airport duty free upon arrival here in Cancun. It's just once you clear Immigration, before the baggage claim. You are allowed 3 liters each, and it's a better deal than in town.

Bacardi and Smirnoff Vodka, Tequila, Mexican beer etc. Buy at Costco, Sams, Wall Mart or Europa - all inexpensive. Even the San Fransico Supermarket at KLM 7 in the Hotel Zone isn't all that expensive - especially when you figure in a cab fare to Down Town.

Europa are opening soon in the Hotel Zone too - even better.

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jimmy, you CAN get Petrone in Cancun. The silver if I am not mistaken but 212eric won't let me drink that rot gut stuff.

And not even a Mexican will drink Cuervo. LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice