Buying alcohol

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BCE4800, Mar 28, 2008.

1. BCE4800

BCE4800 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have found in the past that alcohol at the airport is cheaper than anywhere else in Cancun (that we have found) - BUT we have always bought it on our way out. Can we buy it after we have gone through customs before we go out to our transfer??

2. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a Cancun specific question, not a Temptations specific question and has been answered in your post on the Cancun board...

Michelle

3. BCE4800

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry, the husband insisted that more people read this forum and we might get an answer. LOL Is there a way to delete it from here?

4. Tempt me

Tempt me Enthusiast Registered Member

Between St. Louis, Memphis, Nashville & Indy
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't woory about deleting it. I just got back from Cancun 3 weeks ago after staying at TEMPTATIONS and was wondering the EXACT SAME THING THAT YOU WERE (I guess that must also be an improper thought since I regularly, and solely, view this web site regarding Cancun). My question was more, hint hint, since they run you through departures on the way to customs can you buy a bottle as you coming through and then take it through customs? I think the problem might be, after watching the process on a 2 hour delay leaving Cancun, is that the duty free shops don't appear to give you physical possession at the time of purchase; you get possession as you are boarding the plane. May be some one can answer OUR question because BBG and TEMPTATIONERS DO WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!

*** Edited by Mod
    -No need for personal attacks
    Waste ***

5. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I know you can buy it at the airport stores. But if you talking Duty Free I'm almost a 100% positive you can't. They check your boarding pass at check out. Meaning you need to have a boarding pass that you're leaving Mexico that day.

If you hit up Walmart or some of the liqour stores outside the hotel zone the price is cheaper then the airport. Though it does require some leg work on your side. So you just got to ask yourself is it worth saving a few bucks for taking up your vacation time to hunt down liqour? Personally spend a few extra bucks and get back to your vacation. :)

Nick and Renee

P.S.: Duty free shop in Cancun really isn't any cheaper then most liqour stores in the U.S.. Every once in awhile something will stand out and be a real savings. But usually its the same price or a buck cheaper.

6. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    :cool: :cool:
    we usually buy a bottle of expensive tequila on the way home from cancun. the shop that has the stuff i like ( $40 cheaper AND no tax than home) is 50 feet away from the gate that we almost always fly out of.
    its a little stand with one register and the bottles on boxes and shelves BUT they still went through the whole process of bagging it and giving it to the flight attendants to pick up after i went through the gate.
    hope this helps.

7. BCE4800

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the replies. :D We don't want to take up too much of our vacation time hunting down liquor - I am fine with what Temptation already offers but the husband likes to have some specialty stuff for shots.

8. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the new terminal, in the baggage claim area, there is a duty free shop right there. You could purchase what you want while waiting for your baggage to come thru, then off to customs and immigrations.

9. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Duty free booze

We were there in Jan '08. Purchased two bottles each at the duty free shop on our way out of Cancun. Got posession when we paid for the stuff. Carried it on board. No problems so far. Landed in the U.S. and went through customs with no problems. Had to change airplanes, not even airlines, for out second leg of the flight. Had to go outside of a secure area at that airport to get to our second plane. This was in Charlotte.
    There we were with two bottles each and the maximum amount of liquids is 3 ounces. Therefore I had to go back through the customs to a ticket counter and check our carry on stuff with the bottles of booze and then go back through customs and to the security screening for our second leg of our return flight home. Good thing we had enough time. The other option was to forfeit the booze at the security screening. Moral of the story is if you are changing flights and going outside of a secure area they will catch you with too much liquid for a carry-on. Quite a hassle. hcube

10. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hola, Walmart is cheap, something neat about seeing booze at walmart, take the bus only 60 cents each to get there.
    Terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice