Buying Alcohol at the Airport

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by BCE4800, Mar 28, 2008.

1. BCE4800

BCE4800 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have found in the past that alcohol at the airport is cheaper than anywhere else in Cancun (that we have found) - BUT we have always bought it on our way out. Can we buy it after we have gone through customs before we go out to our transfer??

2. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes you can! Upto three liters each.

3. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have found that alcohol is cheaper at the grocery stores in Cancun. Chedraui had a sale on Kalhua for $7 while it was $13 or $14 at the Duty Free. I think Kahlua was $10 at the Walmart. I don't think Duty Free Shops are that much of a bargain...maybe just me.

4. JCRF_Anejo

JCRF_Anejo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Duty Frees are not a great place to pick up your average tequila (something you can purchase here in the states). Chances are you can locate the stuff here cheaper.

Duty Free IS a great place to pick up some tequilas that are only sold in Mexico - there are many of them! Ten years ago I had a chance to pick up some Porfidio Anejos at an excellent price. I didn't recognize the name and didn't buy them -- now, well, I just kick myself.

There is one tequila I'm after sold only in Mexico - it is not sold at the "Duty Free Stores" where all the people go -- it's sold in Pineda Covalin. A box designed by Covalin for Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia.
    Excellent, excellent stuff. Matter of fact I'd be willing to buy one for someone if they pick me one up while you're down there. PM me if you'll be heading down and are interested!

Mojito ~ just how far NE in ohio are you??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice