Buy a laptop in Cancun or Canada

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by davisod, Dec 20, 2006.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Definitely buy anywhere but Mexico. The cost is deadly to buy in Cancun. You are allowed one computer duty free when you travel ino the country.

As to brands I have had great success with Toshiba. I have a great little Compaq and have had to have it serviced/repaired 4 times in less than 2 years. Best Buy actually has it now. And there is a Toshiba place on Uxmal, sort of across from Blockbuster. I am told the problem is always the parts having to be ordered from abroad.

As to internet, mine comes from Telmex, is billed on the phone bill, is high speed and they recently increased the speed dramatically at no charge. My friends and I have 3 apts on the top 3 floors in a 4 story building (with only 4 total apts) We have phone service to the middle unit, cordless phones for the top and bottom units as we don't make a ton of calls and we have our own little secure hi speed internet network. We share the bill equally and save some $$ this way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice