Bullfights

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Juicy777, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Juicy777

Juicy777 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I will be going to Cancun in November. Are the bullfights taking place then, and are they worth going to see?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    They are every Wednesday afternoon around 3pm - year round I believe.

Cant comment on whether they are "worth" going to see. I know I wouldnt go if they paid me.

3. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now remember ladies and gentlemen this is my OPINION of the bullfights;
    while yes it is a "Tradition" in Mexico and in Spain to have Bullfights. In Spain the the matador does not "Spear" the bull, here they do. Unfortunatley sometimes it takes several different swords due to lack of expierence. I have some friends who went and they literally vomitted watching the torture of an animal.
    While I am not an "Animal activist" (I grew up hunting) I do not condone "Torture"
    But yes there is a Bullring "Plaza de Toros" on Avenue Bonampack. Just tell the Taxista where you want to go. Or you take the R-1 or R-2 and get off on the first stop (Thats Bonampack) and walk about a 1/4 mile to the left, you won't miss it :cool:

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe they start at 3:30 pm and they are every Wednesday. They are not for everyone though. They are not as popular as they once were.

bncancun refers to Spain. I read where 3 of the 4 largest bullrings have suffered drastic drops in attendance and have closed, making way for new real estate development.

And by the first stop on the R-1 or R-2 bus he means the first stop after the Hotlel Zone. It's a bit hard to know which stop is first. There are kilometer markers that go down to km 0 as you exit the HZ. After km 0 there is a traffic circle with a fountain in the middle and that is Bonampak. The bus stop is after the traffic light and you will have to probably yell at the driver to stop. There are the little cable ringer deals above the windows that you pull to get off at the next stop. What you yell is ALTO, like Al-Toe.

5. Juicy777

Juicy777 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you to everyone for their opinion and help.

6. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We watched the bullfights in Mexico City years ago when I was a senior in high school....gulp, 28 years ago. :cry:

We really enjoyed it Very exciting and the place was full. Things change though.

7. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Went once last year. They put on a good show before the fight. Not something I would do again.

8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice