Brokering Premier weeks

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Andre, Jan 7, 2009.

1. 1smokey

1smokey Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    If you trade in through RCI then you get into section "D" even with a red wrist band. Before we were "Premier" members we were (and still are) RCI members in the WEEKS program. Each time we have stayed at BBG/TTR we have always been in Section "D" without any room problems.

When we purchased we got an “OK” deal, would have liked a better one, but got what I could. I will say that I am happy with the “D” section and the little extra perks at the resort. I would pay more for those as opposed to what I have seen other rooms assigned for those guests with better “deals”. We only have three weeks a year and for the past several years have been able to them used and at least break even, if not do a little better. I did not like what happened with the “point freeze” but before we bought I did do the math and the airline price per point from MN/WI did not add up right. For that reason I never considered the airline tickets a reason to buy.

My 2 points worth, good luck!

2. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sorry Steve got caught up in the moment and debate late at night. Forgot that the big dogs screwed you too!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    No worries Bonez and Andre. No apologies necessary.

For those that don't know. What basically happened is that a few years ago we (John C and I) used to buy nights in bulk and then resell them in small numbers via the forum at a great price. People could experience the Premier benefits without actually buying into it and at a comparative price to a regular vacation. TTR saw it as a try before you buy kind of deal, customers got a great price and extra benefits and we had a little mark up on what it cost us. Everyone was happy. Obviously, it became hugely successful to the point where we were sometimes taking up the entire allocation of Premier rooms, and that success became our downfall.

One day, not long after JohnC had purchased 1000 nights at a cost of $20K intended for resale through the forum, they changed our contract (sound familiar?) and said we could no longer sell the nights. John was left holding almost 3 years worth of nights that he was only allowed to use himself.

It still pisses me off to this day and is why I dont want anyone reselling their own premier benefits here. That plus I dont want the forum to end up looking something like ebay.

4. Empyrean

Empyrean Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK...is there something I am missing here?

How can they keep changing the terms of a signed, legal, contract? Obviously that is what everyone is upset about but I can't believe they can do this and I can't believe it's this difficult to get back what you originally contracted for so I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing? Or is it just difficult to fight since they are in Mexico?

5. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Well the problem is alot of people like to complain about it, but until some people get some legal help(which started or is stalled now) not alot they can do. Then the questions like do you go after RCI or Premier or both, how much is a law suit going to cost, should it be a class action suit, etc. etc.

Bottom line the Premier members this effects needs a leader to take charge.

Nick and Renee

P.S.: Reason why they think they can change anything is because like most contracts it has a clause of something along the lines of terms and conditions can change. Which is all fine and dandy. But in courts there is limits to what that can be. Quite obivious there is major issues here as RCI has sent out liablity waiver forms to try to get members to sign saying they won't hold RCI liable. If that isn't a smoking gun in a court case I don't know what is.

6. rflashman

rflashman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me get this right, as an owner, you still pay for the AI fee separate? And that fee is like $100 a day/per person?

Ouch. Internet rates for this property run 176-200 a day per couple.

7. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Well its different rates for different times of the year. Use to get a more benefits from Premier but alot has changed over the years. I bought in when it first started and I saved around $500 to $800+ pretty much every trip for a couple for one week for many trips. Two week trips I was saving well over a $1000.

At one time it was great and many of us from the start easily got are monies worth. But the members over the last few years are getting screwed big time.

Nick and Renee

8. Andre

Andre Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    When we first bought in in 2002, Premier members had more benefits(better liquor, better rooms, welcome baskets in rooms, hats, t-shirts etc.) Over the years these perks were either done away with or just given away to anyone at the resort, which watered down the benefits of ownership. Considering that anyone purchasing a vacation on the internet as a package incl. airfare usually ends up paying the same amount or even less than members, makes buying a membership a bad decision, even for repeaters. This resort is fun, but the hassles associated with points, exchange fee , selling extra weeks, maintenance fees are a real buzz kill. This is not an investment!! If it forces you to take a vacation because you need one then that is one reason to sign up. Break even is the best you can hope for usually and there is very little chance of gaming the system in your favor (these guys have been in the business a lot longer and know all the gimmicks). We still come back because we love the staff and the resort.

9. kcnrose

kcnrose Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was informed that if I purchased a week i would still have to pay the daily all inclusive fee of $115, per person. Thats over $1600 not including fee for the room avg asking price of $500, or air fare. that's way more expensive than most sites.

K.C

10. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    That is why I'm saying it would be quite hard to sell a week to anyone. Premier has pretty much taking out any value in the program.

Nick and Renee

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice