Brokering Premier weeks

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Andre, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Andre

Andre Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    We actually bought the lowest available plan and the way we added the numbers, a week should go for anywhere from $250-$600 just for the room. Looking at what the hotel charges for a week or what a reseller might sell a week for including A/I, and depending on what time period it's in, that would be in the ballpark. The other part of this week that makes it more valuable is that the week includes the upgrades that a premier member would get (as few as they have become). This also includes access to the Temptations yacht for an extra fee.

I'm not surprised that many people on this site have become jaded with all the crap that RCI or the front office has pulled on many of the members, and it really is a shame that the first couple of responses I got on this thread were so negative. This site used to be a great place to get info and it seems like it has become a place for people to vent. Vacations should be fun and the planning of them shouldn't feel like someome is out there to screw you and take advantage of you for a quick buck.
    Timeshares can be beneficial, but they usually are so oversold by the sales department that once you get all the info home and try to get your benefit from it, you realize that it's not all it was made out to be.

2. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm very sorry I gave you that impression Andre....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this resort. We go every year, sometimes twice.

and yes I did know what I was buying when I bought into Premier, but they changed it.

Good luck with selling your weeks, hope it all goes good for you...and works they way you intended when you purchased it.

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    See this where the problem comes in. Your week to you is worth "X" amount. The AI fee a couple would pay lets use like $85 a night per a person would run about $1200. Airfare from most major cities run around $400ish with all the taxes and fees per a person. Then you got about $50 or so for roundtrip transportation. So a couple would run around $2100.

Just for kicks I went on expedia.com and you can book a week in Feb. (which I believe the new AI fees are like a $105 or so per day during that time) flying out of Chicago and it runs $2288. This was a Sat. to a Sat., I'm sure if you fly on a Tuesday you save a $100 or so off the package. This wasn't even looking for any deals and the cost difference is under $200. So I'm sure if you looked around you could get it in that $2100 area.

That was kind of my point earlier that it just doesn't make much sense for some one to purchase a week from anyone. Sure you get a few perks with Premier but as you know those perks aren't much and hard to say what the actual value it really adds. So you can see it maybe tough sale even if you sell your week for only $100.

Second part of your post I totally agree with. This whole Premier thing has really put a sour taste in alot of people's mouth. Everyone loves the resort but when you basicallly commit fraud it tends to peeve people off. I usually try to keep my venting on Premier to the one big Premier thread.

Nick and Renee

4. Empyrean

Empyrean Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So you're talking about selling the "Studios" that you are allotted each year not the all-inclusive weeks?

5. Andre

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Yes, all I'm selling is the room (In this case an ocean view room in the D section, which is not available to non Premier members otherwise). That would not include AI fees which would depend on the week selected. The buyer would call the hotel directly to make the reservation and arrange for the AI payment. Someone buying trough a travel agent or the hotel itself would not have access to those rooms unless it was through a Premier member, or so I believe.

6. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I don't think Building 3 (or the old Section D) is exclusive to Premeire Members anymore. I think the prime Premeire location now is the rooms around the quite pool since the upgrades. Lots of repeaters are still heading to Building 3 but you'll see Red Bander's (the old Blue Bamd) in there too.

Jamie

7. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Part of the problem with the math I see here is that everyone wants full market value for their week. Remember that you bought it for yourself.

I think that one needs to remember that the only reason to sell it would be that you can not go yourself. If you don't use it you loose it right?

Thus selling it for slightly below retail would still be money in your pocket that you would not otherwise have right?

Otherwise it is as Andre has said nothing but sour grapes.

Andre you may have a case to set a price here and see what you get for offers from non premier members on this site.

8. Andre

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    The other way to look at it is, for example, 2 "bonus" weeks a year X 25 years. That's 50 weeks that you can use or sell or donate or give as gifts. Even if you sold half of them at a reasonable rate you would still make back what you put into the the original purchase. Then when you add another 25 weeks that we actually plan to use for ourselves and the other bonuses (better rooms, paid up AI weeks, dinner coupons, massage coupons, liquor, transportation etc.) the deal isn't that bad.
    Everyone negotiates their own deal, and some people make better deals depending on their own set of circumstances and travel preferences. There are points involved too but we never intended to use them for airfare like some members did. Some people do think that this is an investment and will save them a ton of money or even make them a lot of money, and frankly that is just not the case for most. The members that got hurt the worst with all the RCI issues discussed in another thread were the ones that went large and opened themselves up to the unacceptable risks associated with this industry. It certainally is a gamble and no one is forcing anyone to become a member. Cathy and I are happy with the resort for the most part, having been members for the last seven years, however there are many things that the hotel could do to make members to get that "warm fuzzy feeling"(other than the alcohol!) but it is a business in the end. I won't excuse them or forgive them for lying or being deceptive about anything in the contract or the sales presentation however, which I'm sure has happened before and most assuredly will happen again. That's what lawyers are for. Read the fine print, know your limits and understand what you are getting into before you lay down hard earned cash, especially in today's economy.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Actually, since cancuncare has been specifically prevented from reselling portions of premier deals I'd appreciate it if others didnt use this site to do so also.

10. Andre

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Sorry Steve, that was not my intention. I understand that it kind of looked that way but I was just trying to see if anyone had luck in using brokers or resellers for their weeks since that is how the program was sold to us last year. Thanks for the work you put into this site. It has been a great place to meet people, get info and share the good and bad about what so many of us are passionate about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice