Brits United F.C

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Nov 28, 2007.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright,

I'm gonna go down tomorrow and book a pitch hopefully for in two weeks time, we are playing Best Day systems and sales department (they also drink and smoke a lot). So start stretching out, warmin' up and slap a bit of dubbin' on your boots.
    Here's the team so far,

Me, Steve, SamCancun, a mate of mine Sean, and Ged, which makes 5 And its 7 a side plus subs, so we need another 5, anyone welcome.

Ged do you know any other people from Apple who want to play?

It's astroturf, but you have to where shin pads or they won't let you play. Anyone know where I can get a load of fake england footie shirts in x large from?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sounds good Matt, what time of day will it be - hopefully not in the day time when the sun is out.

Not sure on where to buy England shirts, but surely we all have one or two? I have around 3 white and 2 red so can lend if necessary, but it would be nice to get some printed up..... just in case we survive to play a second game.

I have a Mexican friend, possibly two, who may well play if we are short.

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Matt
    sounds good. let me know when pitch is booked. better get the wooden slats in my shinners! i know plenty of people who play footy here - but no Brits among them I am afraid. but ill think on...........
    ged

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds good mate, I take it trainers are okay on astro turf as i'm sure there ain't too many brits in Cancun with a pair of football boots lying about?? I'll get hunting for shin pads and socks this weekend but let me know about the shoes, don't worry about subs we'll just battle on till the end mate.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    You'll be fine with trainers Sam. I have some astro boots (God knows where, I'll have to look for them) so will use them. Proper footy boots (i.e. 6 studs) would be a deathtrap on astroturf.

What's all this crap about shinpads... we're Brits Utd arent we?

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would LOVE to see pictures of this event!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice