Bringing Prescription Meds.....

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Linz, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you can find the old bottle I'm sure that will work.

And if worse comes to worse and they do take it, you can always go buy some replacement meds at one of the tons of pharmacies they have down there as long as it isn't one of the very few that do require a prescription.

Chances are it won't come to that but if it does take a trip to the pharmacies downtown. They are MUCH MUCH cheaper than the ones in the hotel zone.

2. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    while we're on the topic...what sorts of meds can i buy down there without a prescription. For instance can i go get some vicodin without a prescription?

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't believe you can buy vicodin without a prescription.

For the most part you can buy any non-narcotic without a prescription.

But rememeber, there are Customs laws on what you can bring back into the States. Typically, you can bring a 90 day supply of a medicine for yourself.

If you come back and they find lots of various meds in quantities over a 90 supply they can seize it and give you a very hard time.

4. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    for what its worth. i got the dreaded red light last year... she didnt do that complete of a search (not like i had anything with me anyway).

not sure if she was just in a good mood or i was just lucky

5. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Read this on cafecancun:

"Antibiotics are available without prescription. Narcotics are not dispensed by pharmacies in Cancun even with a prescription. They are available only for in-patients in authorized hospitals."

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    have asthma and brought my meds w/ me.....they didnt have a problem w/ it

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah i think I remember them saying they need to be in the bottles, and they have to prescribed to the person carrying them as well.. :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice