Bring my car and leave it?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by EspoOrr, Sep 12, 2014.

1. EspoOrr

EspoOrr Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all. Just joined and glad to be here. I've bought a house in Cancun and will be spending the maximum 180 days there starting early November. Was supposed to be permanent but a pension estimate is not good enough for the consulate, they want 6 months of actual pension statements. So my plan to move permanently has been delayed 6 months.
    I've been toying with the idea of driving to Hyde Shipping in Florida and ship my car from there. When i leave Cancun late April it'll be on a plane, not in my car. That will stay in my driveway. When i next return i should be safe to drive as my visa will have been extended. I'll get the Residente Temporal as Residente Permanente visa holders aren't permitted to import their cars.
    What i need from you guys in to poke holes in my plan and tell me where I'm mistaken and if, in fact, i can go there on a visitor's visa and leave my car there. I realize I'd forfeit the $400 U.S. deposit that's billed to ensure you do take your car when you leave.
    Thanks for any info! :daveandmo:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice