Bridget's TR - Barcelo Tucancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Bridget, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, so here we go.

Day 1 (unofficial vacation begins) Monday

Got up around 7am and started getting everything ready to go. Spent most of the day with Mya so she wouldn’t forget who we were by the time we got back. Did a bit of running around for last minute errands. We left our house around 7pm to drive up to where we were going to stay for a portion of the night before we had to head to the airport. Packed up the luggage and the beer for the ride and we are off. I have OFFICIALLY started my vacation. So the drinking begins. We are listening to music, drinking, and all talking about how excited we are. We arrive at my girlfriend’s sister’s house where we will crash for a few hours before we leave. Well needless to say…we never crashed. She had the biggest spread of food and booze you could possibly imagine (she is loaded). Margaritas, tequila, beer, and any other kind of liquor you could imagine. We all start dancing (I start teaching the cupid shuffle ;). Next think I know the vans have arrived to take our drunk a$$es to the airport. It is now 3am and still no sleep for me. We get to the airport, flights are very uneventful and finally at 11:30am on Tuesday we are in Cancun.

Day 2 – Tuesday – Senor Frogs

Well, we get there and of course check in until 3. However, the hotel did a great job of organizing our 7 rooms pretty much all together. Go to the buffet and get some lunch. It was pretty good…nothing to write home about. I have my second wind by now. So bikini on and I am at the pool with my 32oz mug ready to go. Cerveza por favor. Here’s your 10 dollar tip for the day Geraldo…please take care of me. Which of course he did. We had a blast at the pool. Played volleyball, did shots with everyone around the pool. Caused a bit of a stir…but that is kind of hard not to do with a group of 14. That night was Senor Frogs. Not a huge fan of the place but we met some really nice people that day from the hotel and the activity staff was super great and they wanted us to go. Well, by the time it was time to go out…there were only four of us left. Of course, I am the only female still holding strong with NO sleep for almost 36 hours. I knew that once I got there I would be fine and ready to dance. So we get there and they are doing some contest with people jumping in the lagoon (ewwwww). We went back to the table were our hotel was and starting taking more shots with people and dancing. I think this one girl wanted me (Roger was all in favor of this) but unfortunately, I couldn’t understand a freaking word she was saying. This was an early night…got in around 2am.

Day 3 – Wednesday – Coco Bongo night

We wake up around 11, bikini on, head down to pool, cerveza por favor. Started drinking. Took it a little slow today during the day because I knew that the night was going to be a wild one. Everyone was going out tonight so I knew we would have a good time. I took it slow until we starting having a beer-drinking contest amongst ourselves in the activity pool. Well, needless to say everyone got pretty hammered. So that night in the lobby bar…the people that saw us having the beer chugging contest in the pool were coming up to us and asking to challenge our guys. That was pretty entertaining. We had the whole lobby bar surrounding us and everyone started chanting for their country or whatever state. It was a lot of fun. So about 11pm off to Coco Bongo. The bus ride kind of stunk because there weren’t a lot of people going from the hotel so they took us in two vans. Oh well, we get there and I light up like fireworks. I am so excited to be back in CB’s. So we get up to our area and I find our waiter (or so I thought) and said here is 20 bucks for now, don’t get out of my sight. After like 5 minutes I still don’t have a beer (not so good) so I see him go by, I ask him for a beer again, and he goes, here is Alejandro, he is your waiter. I was SO pissed that this guy took my money knowing he was not our waiter. Gave Alejandro 20 bucks and said the same thing. Well he took me LITERALLY. Seriously, I have never had someone so close to me all night. Don’t get me wrong, I got everything I wanted with in seconds, but Alejandro had some wandering hands. He couldn’t walk by me without touching me. Good thing Roger isn’t a jealous person or it would have been really bad. So the night is going great, the shows are good, we are drunk and then this dumba$$ guy in front of us just turns around for no reason and says F you. I kind of looked and then turned to his friend and said “what did he just say” he said “well he is drunk don’t pay any attention to him” and I said…that is fine but tell him not to be a dumba$$. I got 6 drunks guys with me and they just heard him say that. So the guy starts running his mouth a little more and finally his girlfriend was so embarrassed she drug him away. Had a great time. Everyone left us in the club by ourselves (Roger and I) so we left about 4am and went to get some street meat, ate, went home……….

Day 4 – Thursday - Dady Rock/Dady O’s

Woke up at like 2pm this day. I was a little sleep deprived so I felt like I needed to sleep in. Plus it was a little overcast and I didn’t feel the urgent need to get out in the sun. Finally got up, bikini on, down to pool, and as much as I hated to say it…cerveza por favor. We have reservation at the Mexican restaurant this night. But not until like 8:30. Me, Roger and Joe stay down at the pool gossiping, drinking and taking in some last minute sun. It was a lot fun actually. We had our radio listening to some cd’s we made. Got ready for dinner, had a good diner. The tortilla soup was to die for. Again, 14 of us at dinner, 4 of us made it out. Again, the only female standing strong. This night was a little rough for me. Didn’t feel all that great but still had a good time. Took the bus about 11pm to the club. Meet some nice English and Australian men and women. I basically spent the whole night with the English men. My men (the 3 that went) were flapping their jaws to other girls so I thought why not.  There was a hot male and female body contest. The guy that won was the grossest guy I have ever seen. Our friend Joe decided it was time for some action for him so he picked out his girl and started doing body shots. Well guess who was next. Me!!! By this time, I was the only girl left from our hotel still there. Needless to say, this was pretty interesting. Then they pulled out the whip cream and it got pretty messy. My clothes were destroyed by the time I got home and I was sticky. Good night in all. Got home around 5am.

PS…our friend…he got some action. :D

Day 5 – Friday – The City

Got up about 11 again. Bikini on, down to pool…and you know it…cerveza por favor. Tonight was the night that again, all 14 of us were supposed to be going out. We had (I know it is a bit childish) made up shirts and hats for our whole group that we were going to wear out tonight. Roger and his friends always swore to themselves that they would be freaks for life (the sexual meaning…not like circus freaks :D :wink: ) so that is what our shirts said. The girls even got shirts made up. We doctored ours a little bit by cutting them up to be a little more “sexy” then just a regular ole boys white tee shirt. We all went to dinner at the Seafood restaurant this night. Everyone loved their meal. I wasn’t overly excited about mine. The shrimp had a very fishy taste to them and that wasn’t hitting on much after drinking all day. We had a man down this night. One of our most exciting guys was down for the count. He caught a bug or something and could barely move. We finished dinner, got ready, took some pictures and headed down to the lobby bar. It was kind of funny actually. I mean the 14 of us were over bearing anyway when we entered anywhere but the lobby bar isn’t that big and all our friends that we had made all week were like wow…guys that is so cool. We took a bunch more pictures and the other people we had met wanted to get some pictures with us too. So it was kind of cool. Head out The City. Again, I am ready, caught my second wind and I ready to get my groove on. Get to the club, get to our tables and Roger turns into the bartender with all the stuff they have on our table. Shots are going all over the place and everyone is dancing with everyone from the hotel. We had a few party poopers in our group this night. But I didn’t let it stop me. I am on 5 nights strong of drinking…nothing is slowing me down now :!: :D So we are (the girls) on the stage dancing and a bunch of guys come up and start taking our pictures and stuff…again kind of cool…I am assuming because of our shirts. I swear the music in there would beat your heart out of your chest. The bass was out of control. Finally, the majority of our party left and there were like 5 of us left and the best DJ I have ever heard came on the stage. He rocked the best of old school and new school together. He was awesome. I am not sure the last time I danced like I did that night. It was so unbearable hot in there I was very tempted to strip. I had my shirt as high as it would go without showing my goods and the same thing with my skirt. I did have one of the English guys help me put some ice in my shirt…do you think he minded :wink: :D :lol: Again, my guys were off flapping their jaws again. My husband is the best wingman in the world. He will fight to his dying day for his boys to score. Well needless to say he did score for our friend. It was the same girl from the night before. Even though our friend was in the dumps back at the hotel he figured this would cheer him up a bit. Roger and I are dancing around, we stop for a second to look for our friends, and they are all gone. It is around 4am so we decide to leave. We get back to the hotel and all the English and Australian folks we have met are hanging in the hotel lobby. I steal some pizza from the English men and chat with them for a while and we head up to the room around 5:15 or so. All in all…a great night.

Day 6 – Saturday – Basic

Up around 11 since this our last day. I am feeling somewhat rough but I know I have to get up. Bikini on and we run over to the mall to pick Mya up something. Ate Burger King…boy was that yummy. We head back to the pool around 12:30 or so and yes, I am finally NOT able to say cerveza por favor. Felt too bad this morning. I tried about an hour later to get a beer…yeah, not happening. I tried to be a trooper…just couldn’t do it. I laid out most of the day trying to get some sun and chatting with the girls. The guys were being guys in the pool. They drank steadily all day. We were going to head to Bubba Gump’s for dinner tonight off the resort so we were all looking forward to having some good food and a domestic (US) beer. We all meet up around 7pm to head to dinner and we go out to get a bus and head down to the restaurant. We get in they give us a big table in the back and we are all chatting and being really excited to eat good food. Well, I look over at another couple that was with us and he was kind of holding his head in his hand and I asked his wife if he was ok and she said, he said that he didn’t good…well two second after that he bashes his head on the table, bust his nose wide open and is NOT BREATHING at all. We originally thought that he was choking so one of the guys that was with us starting giving him the Heimlich and he started breathing again but was still unconscious. Come to find out he wasn’t choking at all…he had just stopped breathing. We get him on the floor after we ALL freaked completely out and he was on FIRE…literally. His temperature had to have been well over 105 degrees Fahrenheit. We tried everything we could do to cool him off. Finally he comes back around and he is telling us all how sorry his is for ruining our dinner and 2 seconds later, back out again, eyes rolling back in his head, completely unconscious again. By this time, we are freaking out because we had told them what seemed like forever ago to call the ambulance. He finally wakes up again and is completely alert so we take him outside to cool off a bit and he is drinking some water. The EMT’s were there now and had checked his BP and THAT IS IT!!!! They were like…you ok amigo and as they were saying that…BAM…completely unconscious again. So we were all saying that he had no choice now but to go to the hospital. We found a private hospital downtown Cancun. Roger rode with him (he is a child hood friend of Roger’s) and his wife to the hospital. Considering she was in shock and couldn’t even barely tell the people her husband’s name. I couldn’t leave Roger sitting in the hospital all night long by himself so I said that I was going to take a taxi down to the hospital. Well my brother and sister in law wouldn’t let me go alone so the 4 of us sat in the hospital until 2am in the morning. Basically, we didn’t even get a diagnosis at all. They took his blood, did an EKG, and said those both looked fine. At this point, he was completely alert, up, walking around, and was fine. He really doesn’t recall what happened or the severity of it. We think he thinks he just passed out….not the case. So we stop and get something to eat and head back to the hotel around 3am. Not exactly, the way I wanted to spend my last night in Cancun, but no way were we going to leave our friend. Did get a good night sleep this night to get up at the butt crack of dawn to go home.

Day 7 – Going home-BOOOOOO

We get up around 7:30 to pack the last few items and head down to get something to eat. Our buses arrive at 9:30 and we are on our way back home :( We actually ate at Bubba Gump’s in the airport…we all thought it was kind of funny. I was really ready to get home but wasn’t looking forward to the trip to get there. Finally arrive in Miami. What a NIGHTMARE this airport is. OMG I have never in my life seen anything like it. I thought the Cancun airport was bad….not even close. We called Mya to let her know that we would be home soon to see her and all she kept saying was Daddy…made me a little sad but when we were getting off the phone, she was saying NO Mommy, NO Mommy. Arrive in DC on time get down to get our luggage and my shoes made it
    (between Roger and I, we had a duffle bag of shoes that weighed 35lbs) and another small bag with all of our dirty clothes made it, but our big suitcase with all of our left over clean clothes, all my hair stuff and make up didn’t make it. Such a pain. File a claim, long story short it was sitting on my front porch Tuesday morning.

Overall, it was a great trip. I was really sad to leave knowing it will be a few more years probably before we get to go again. I love Cancun. I love the atmosphere of Cancun, the people and just the sheer excitement of the city.

Summary…we drank A LOT, got to sleep in which is super nice, got a nice tan, met a lot of great people from all over the country and was able to relax.

Sorry it is so long. Hopefully I will have pictures up soon.

Bridget

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good report, Bridget. That looks like a true vacation to me! :)

3. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Very nice report Bridget. Did your friend ever get checked out when he got back?

4. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have tried calling him for two days....we haven't heard a thing.

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    :shock:

I hope he's okay.

Sounds like there was a party, sorry to have missed it :(

6. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We did party hard (or at least Roger and I did) for 5 days straight. I held strong...very proud of myself.

7. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report. Sounds like a blast!

8. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like you had a blast :!: :!:

9. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report, and I'm anxious to see the pictures! :D

Hope your friend is okay, that must have scared the heck out of everyone!

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Moving this one to the main forum.

Wow Bridget! I guess you hadnt partied in a while and was making up for lost time. You managed more in 5 days than I do in a year.

Great report , still waiting for your call though :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice