Bribing the Mexican old bill...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EnglishButler, Dec 14, 2007.

1. EnglishButler

EnglishButler Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I travelled to russia earlier this year and if you were to get in trouble with the police, you had to pay them to not take any further action. In Russia there were phrases you would use such as "Is there any way we can resolve this here?" or "Is there anything i can do for you officer so we have no problems?".

If you are to get in trouble with the police in mexico, is it basically along the same lines as above to offer a bribe without saying "How Much???" or will giving a copper money land you in some serious trouble?

2. Cumbrella

Cumbrella Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Friend of mine (Exzit) bribed his way out of jail, when he and our friend was caught "spilling" some water in a public place. Think they just said something like "here, this is all we got..please take it, we dont wanna go to jail.. please!"

3. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i dont understand why they dont just set a fee (ie. you just pay a certain amount if they catch you pissing in the lagoon) and make you pay it instead of being all sketchy about taking bribes.

4. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yup the coppers can be bought but you will do yourself a massive favour by not taking sh*t loads of cash out with you' cos if you do get caught doing something they deem as inapropriate ( like breathing, walking, prespiring slightly ) they will just take the lot off of you and send you on your way.

No questions, No sit in the back of the car sir whie I read you your rights and make you look really small , just a form of legalised mugging.

Best tips are.

1) Dont get caught ( Dont forget they hide aswell and will spring out from any hiden alleyway and catch you unawares )

2) Carry any excess cash some where else not so obvious. While one of them is giving you the verbal his mates will be ' searching you '... basically just going thru your posckets and taking the lot.

Good luck :lol: :lol:

Ian :lol:

5. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good place to hide extra cash is in your socks if you're wearing them.

6. tea_jay85

tea_jay85 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got cuffed for pissing in public last year and my mate just ran up with a hand full of notes (we think it was only about 20 bucks in crumpled ones and fives) ... doesnt seem to take too much!

7. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my mate paid 70 pesos for peeing on the street

we paid 50 pesos for having 5 in a taxi

8. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hahaha 70 pesos thats like £3.50 haha NOTHING

9. pyrorainx

pyrorainx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    uhhh... why break the law in the first place?
    How much is a fine for urinating in a public place in the US?
    Would you pee in a public place in Mexicoin the US ? or just in Mexico for being Mexico?

10. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Think its a matter of being caught short when you're walkin i know i have struggled to get back to the hotel without REALLLY needing a piss...I havent pissed in the street yet though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice