Breathless

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by Aland juls, Jun 2, 2016.

1. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    just read this.. LMAO, yeah last day there ended up breaking / severely hurting little toe getting out of that pool and the near by pool chairs.. haha.. but we sooooo mis CABO TTR :(

2. albri13

albri13 Regular Registered Member

Tennessee,by way of Florida miss the water.
    Ratings:
    +459 / 0
    we will be there 3/4-3/11

3. albri13

albri13 Regular Registered Member

Tennessee,by way of Florida miss the water.
    Ratings:
    +459 / 0
    see you guys there we get in Saturday 3/4/17 till 3/11/17

4. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    Sounds great! We are ready for some sun and fun!

5. LarKat

LarKat Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0
    Breathless in December

OK It's been a month since we arrived back to winter. I promised a review of our trip to Breathless so here are a few thoughts to add to my comments while we were there.
    The up side:
    The room was nicer than any we have ever had in a resort. No problems with the A.C. or the music. Some of the earlier reviews had the "techno" (actually more EDM) way too loud way too late. We didn't find that at all. We were on the third floor facing the activity pool. We could watch some of the evening entertainment from our balcony. Either they listened to some of the complaints and turned it down, or we suffered hearing damage the first few days, but it isn't anything to keep you away.
    The resort being new was beautiful. There isn't much of a beach, at high tide there is no beach, but the level just above the water level beach has plenty of loungers, either in the sun or shaded.
    Speaking of loungers, there were plenty to go around at any of the three pools, no reserving etc. They said the resort was full when we were there and we never had a problem getting a spot.
    We were on a referral and we had the Excel club privileges, but we never really used them. We didn't need them. The club pool was touted as the quiet pool and we didn't use it at all. (It could have been called the dead pool) As in the rest of the resort, it was beautiful, but in my mind it wasn't worth the extra cost. Yes the club had some extra perks but they weren't the kind of things we needed to have a good time.
    The bars all had top shelf booze and you had your choice without insisting or tipping. Service was great as well.
    Food was good and most times very good. It depended on the place you ate.
    The pools were heated to just the right temp. I could walk right in to any of them without cringing or suffering shrinkage. We used the center activity pool about half of the time and the accelerate pool the other half. The accelerate pool was designated the topless optional pool but very few women took that option. At most 3-5 on any day. Saw a couple of ladies topless in the center activity pool and nothing was done about it.
    The games at the activity pool were minimal at best and even kind of lame at worst. Really it was nothing like TTR.
    The accelerate pool had a couple of really good foam parties where the DJ's were good and things got rocking but some days it was kind of mellow. There was usually some sort of entertainment there in the afternoon.
    A few nights the evening entertainment was good. Monday had a great guitarist who played solo and he was fantastic. Stairway to heaven was amazing. That was followed by a very good 80's/90's band at the indoor stage area. The 2 women singers were impressive. Other nights were just OK.
    The down side:
    The biggest downer was the lack of a central area at night for everyone to get together and party. (like PatyO's) Things kind of shut down around 11 unless you went to the dance club. It was good but small. It went from 11-2.

If you want a fun (but not party) vacation where you meet some really nice people in a very good atmosphere, this is the place. I think one of our 2 trips a year will be at a Breathless resort.
    Our second trip will be to come back home to TTR and enjoy our crazy party friends at TTR.

See you in December, Larry

6. TheMacs

TheMacs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 0
    We are headed to Breathless Punta Cana March 8-15. Reviews seems good. I'm not sure about the topless part though. At least at TTR people either asked to take a pic or warned me. I'm worried that people maybe snapping pics without my knowledge. Since from what I've read although it's topless optional, most don't go topless. I don't mind going topless but due to my job the last thing I need is pics of me floating around.

7. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    a few recent reviews on here, our friends just went, were NOT going based on their review.

8. MrJandSluttyQuinn

MrJandSluttyQuinn Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    Great Review. Definitely Helpful. Thank you for being so thorough. :)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

9. DoubleDD

DoubleDD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We're there April 2 to 9. Let us know how you make out. At TTR Mrs. is topless full time but says she wont at Breathless if no one else is. Too bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice