Breathless Review 7/19 - 7/23

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by BandA, Jul 24, 2018.

1. BandA

BandA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    This was my wife and I's first time at an all-inclusive resort. We typically have done cruises in the past, so much of our vacations likes/dislikes are compared to those.

Thursday

Check-in was slow. Well, at least the groups in front of us were slow. When we finally got to a desk (over 30 minutes later in the humid air), our check-in process was relatively fast. We were there early, but our room was not ready. We were told we could get to a hospitality room to change and head to the pool, but that process took an hour. Not a great start.

By the time we did get to change, and grab a bite to eat, it was almost time for our room to be ready. At least we thought. We were told guaranteed by 3p. At 3p, it was not ready. 3:20 and finally we're heading to our room. We waited for our bags to get there and then headed down to the pool.

FYI, I liked the music and vibe at the party pool. Wife wanted to be able to talk to me some, and it was simply too loud at times to do that. We ended up at the Allure pool the rest of the time (which I LOVE the pool setup).

By the way, we ended up with a corner ocean front room that overlooked the Allure pool. Loved the location. The room, though, had not been full cleaned. It needed a sweeping and there was something hairy and nasty on the balcony. We called housekeeping about it and just asked them to clean it the next day.

After some pool time, we got ready and went to Picante. Service was nearly non-existent. Server did not come around much, especially after we got our food. We finally got up and left. Food was ok. My chicken was cooked perfectly, but wife's steak was very underdone. She ended up getting sick and is still sick. Not sure if it was from the steak or what, but it was after this is when it started.

Friday

Pool day. Nothing much to write here. Went to the steakhouse that night. Definitely the best service we had. Went to Karaoke that night for a bit. Good times.

Mess on the balcony still not cleaned up. Fridge in the room was not restocked.

Saturday

Pool all day. Had the buffet for lunch. It was okay. Went to the Italian restaurant. SLOW service! It was so slow that one table of 8 got up and walked out before all of their food got there. We're patient, so we waited. It took 10-15 minutes to take our dessert order and the another 25 to get it.

Sunday

This was supposed to be a pool day, but some lady from the Exhale side wondered over to the Allure pool, passed out on one of the sunning maps, and then proceeded to puke in the pool (this was around 1:15 - 1:30). They shut down the pool for 12 hours. The party pool had no chairs left at that point, so we hung around the Allure pool and just talked with people.

Buffet was shut down for lunch so we headed to the beachside grill. At one point we know we saw steak kabobs but never found them. Found out later that the A/C in the buffet was messing up so they moved it all upstairs.

Had Silk that night. It was pretty good.

Monday

Check-out. A lot easier than check-in.

Other notables:

On Friday we're at the beachside grill grabbing a snack when a group decided to walk over to Desire to check it out (I think it was during their foam party). Most of these people were young (early to mid 20's). It was funny hearing their reactions coming back.

Definitely was a lot of toplessness at the party pool. Sounded like a lot more than normal (from reviews).

What was allowed at the Allure pool seemed to be very relaxed (in a good way). One day a group was playing a game with floating dice. If they came up to a certain combination the women had to pull down their tops while chugging a drink of choice. No one said a thing to them.

Pro's/Likes:

Love the adult only fun atmosphere at the pools.
    Love the pool area.
    Love the rooms. I want that shower in my own house.
    E Team was great, especially Mon.

Dislikes:

The beach. It sucked.
    Service as a whole was lacking. Housekeeping was inconsistent, and our room was not clean to a level I would expect from a resort like this.
    Service at the restaurant, minus the steakhouse, was lacking.
    Nighttimes sucked. There was nothing to do but the club. Rarely entertainment options. This, I think, is my biggest complaint.

Neutrals:

Food. It was good, but nothing outstanding. One of the best things I had all week was a burger from the buffet.

We loved out time together, and overall had a good time. We're not saying we'll never return, but we do know we want to check out other resorts the next few times we come down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the review. Sounds a little mixed.

Can you confirm the recent rumors about no foam party and almost non existent entertainment staff?

3. BandA

BandA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Definitely no more foam party.

4. bababua

bababua Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Foam is gone. They want hip hop crowd gone. Or at least that’s the feeling I got.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice