Breakers with Ink? Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. gibbymonster

gibbymonster Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yesssir ya gotta love it

i have a tat of the outline of newjersey in black and blue on my arm with family above it

3. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: yesssir ya gotta love it

i'm originally from jersey!! :-o

4. B1baller

B1baller Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No tats for me :( I wanna get one though...

5. Frenzie

Frenzie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oN SATURDAY IM HAVING

"All that I am or ever hope to be i owe to my Mother" in old english writing on the inside of my left forearm.

I really wanted to get my tribal design on my right arm compleated fully before i go cancun but it wouldn't have healed in time as there is so much more that needs to be done, ah well never mind.

6. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thats a cool idea mate,i was gonna get 'blood is thicker than water' in latin on the inside of my arm.

7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At first I got all pissed off in a reactionary way when I read your reply Henry. But, I think you are right. There is a stigma about people with tattoos and especially in the conservative white collar world. There are people in that world with tattoos, but they generally keep them well hidden.

With the ever changing world though it is possible to look how you want and make a shit load of money too. You just have to find a niche and exploit it.

Me, I can hide mine as long as I wear long sleeves and pants. Otherwise I am visible. But, like the saying goes "Dress for the job you want". Which is why I am at work right now in jeans, black tshirt and tattoos visible. The job I want is running some crappy business on a beach in the Caribbean. Not rotting away at an engineering company. In the summer I wear shorts, flip flops and tshirts to work as it more accurately describes my vision. :cool:

8. shauny

shauny Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im thinking of another before i hit cancun like a phrase from the bible but not sure yet. guna chgeck the cash flow.....

9. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry, I didn't meant to offend anyone. I personally have nothing against people with tattoos. My main point was merely that tattoo is a long term commitment and I'm the type who likes to keep my options open, that's why I like peircings better.

I agree that you should choose a job where you can be you but sometimes you also have to be flexible and willing to compromise. I work for a hedge fund. I don't have to dress up for work. I am in jeans and t-shirt right now and I haven't shaved in days. Our CEO sometimes even wear fubu tracksuit to work. But we do have to dress up for investors meetings. We keep suits in our office closet. As much as I love being in my jeans and t-shirts all the time, I gotta look professional when investors come. If I choose to permanently sew my t-shirt and my jeans onto my body, I'd be taking away that flexiblility.

10. shauny

shauny Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wat piercings you got henry?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice