Breakaway Tours

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by TomK, Jun 7, 2008.

1. TomK

TomK Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody have experience with Breakaway Tours on Spring Break? Planning to go to Oasis Cancun on Canadian Spring Break. Price is $899 if we depart from Detroit which is about a 4-5 hour drive for us. $1199 if we leave from Toronto.

Never done a spring break so just want to get some insight from you experienced breakers.

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    never tried em, sorry man, but welcome to the site and you are going to LOVE spring break!!

3. TomK

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the welcome. Any comments on the price or some other places to look into booking through? Or any tips for spring break in general?

Never done a trip like this so I'm just trying to make the best out of it.

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wellt hat price is a great price for Spring Break even if it's not the American Spring Break.
    I would just factor in what kind of gas it would cost you to drive there, with these gas prices you wanna factor in that 4-5 hour drive from The T-Dot.
    And what the cost would be for parking your vehicle there as well.

Wanna make sure the difference from Detroit or from Toronto makes sense.

5. TomK

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, I'll definitely have to do some calculations to see what makes the most sense.

Anybody else staying in Oasis this year? Any tips you seasoned veterans can give me?

Also, my group could be as small as 3 (myself included) or over 10 depending on who ends up coming. Hoping it will still rock as much with only 3 if we end up having the smaller group. How will rooming work if we have an odd number of people since I'm assuming rooms are doubles.

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  7. TomK

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Only problem with that is that I'm from Canada and from what I've seen they only do flights out of the US.

Breakaway Tours is big in Canada (biggest that I know of) and I have done a trip with them (not spring break) already so I feel pretty confident in them. That said, I'm always open to more options.

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well that makes more sense for you then. :cool:

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YEah sometimes it makes more sense to use a Canadian one especially if you have used them before

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice