Borat the Movie

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jen***, Mar 2, 2007.

1. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've noticed that it's on at MM Cinema en Paseo Cancun - this may be old news that it's finally here as I have been away but I didn't see it up when I went on Tuesday.

2. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Woohoo!

Finally.

I guess they had trouble doing the subtitles. :)

Or did they do a spanish audio track - I hope not.

Someone name a date/time!

3. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    enjoy it guys i saw it a couple months ago in a hotell.

It has a lot of funny funny lines but, there were things that shocked even me.

I would never have a mustache after seeing the movie

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here are the times for Saturday. I can go to anything after 4 pm on Sat, or anything on Sun.:

Sat 3/3 - Borat - MM Cinemas - Paseo Cancun
    11:15
    13:05
    14:55
    16:45
    18:35
    20:25
    22:15

Here's the web site: http://www.mmcinemas.com

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yesterday I checked today's Borat schedule and there was a show at 20:15. today I checked online and it said 20:55. When we got there the show time was 20:25. So be warned, the MM cinemas web site times are screwy.

And so we walked into Borat a half hour after it started. And 40 minutes after that we walked out. I thought the movie would poke fun at how ridiculous Americans are. But it doesn't do that. It just offends everyone, blacks, gays, women, jews, rednecks, and the audience. There were some funny lines, but not enough to hold the movie together for me. There wasn't any kind of statement coming through, I wasn't learning anything new, and even though I laughed a little bit I was spending half the time thinking "ewww".

6. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's good to know I'm not the only "normal" person around.

7. johndish

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kim,

I am with you... you probably missed the most eye opening part on america and that was in the beginnning when he showed up to sing the national anthem to the West Virginia rodeo. The guys there basically were telling him that he should shave his mustache because he looked too much like a terrorist and wihtout the mustache he would look more italian and of course we like them here....

it really dissapointed me as I expected more with all the hype..

i thought the southern dinner was really disrespectful and the naked wrestling match with the scrotums on the ching made me uncomfortable...

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John - I did get to see the rodeo and the dinner (with etiquette lessons) and the naked wrestling (ew)...and yes, the guy telling him to try to look more Italian really blew me a way.

9. johndish

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    then i think about the only thing you missed was him showing his home town and house
    introducing his sister (#5 prostitute in country)
    and giving her a big open mouth kis...

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John - Well I wouldn't want to miss that stuff. I may give that movie another shot when it's cheap and I can fast forward through the naked fat guy parts. Hubby was not with me when we went and he may like some of it. So we may rent it, or not.

Anyone seen Perfume? That's another one that I thought I would like...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice