Booking with Alpharooms

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by pcrum12, Oct 26, 2008.

1. pcrum12

pcrum12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone had any trouble booking with Alpharooms with USD? or any other problems?

2. NTBABY

NTBABY Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Use Steve's link for alpharooms. Any questions contact him.That way he gets a commission & you are supporting this website :D

Scott

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    Are you experiencing a problem yourself or just seeking general feedback?

I think the longest thread on here concerning feedback was this one:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37991

There are lots more smaller ones too numerous to list you'll find them via the search.

Issues I can recall are only minor and many people use them time after time. I use them for my own hotel bookings too.

Things I can recall are:

Alpharooms are a UK company, and a few people have had a problem having their credit card declined, usually because their card company sees a high value foreign transaction and suspects it could be fraudulent. This usually gets sorted out via a call to your credit card company.

Please remember that the UK is 6 hrs ahead of CST, so their office hours will be different to yours. The UK also has different public holidays and more of them, some of which can be quite long. Easter for example can be 5 consecutive days including the weekend.

Some people have had a problem with their transfer service, which isn't really their service it's subcontracted out locally. I would avoid booking airport transfers through them and use a reputable locally based provider who you can deal with direct such as Ent Plus instead - link at bottom of the page.

4. marilyn&steve

marilyn&steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alpharooms has the best rates we've found. You book online, don't actually need to talk to anyone. It helps to call your credit card company right before you book with Alpharooms; the first time we booked, our card was declined and VISA called us suspecting fraud. A call cleared it up. The next time we called VISA before to give them a heads up about the international charge and it went smoothly. On some things you can get a price in dollars; other things it's pounds. But it's easy to get the exchange rate, there are a lot of conversion websites.
    We used Best Day for transfers this last trip and were very pleased; their link is on this website. Support the website; it's a great way to meet people and get information!

5. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    what rooms are the twin superior and what are the double superior on alpha rooms

6. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    We have used Alpha rooms 3 times now to book TTR,we have had no issues with them and they have had the best rates we have been able to find.I would suggest using USA transfer for a private van or Best Day for a shared van from the airport.

7. pcrum12

pcrum12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for all your help. We have booked with alpha and it declined card (we thought) then later received email confirming booking and all okay. I'm calling Visa this morning just to confirm and okay the charge. Can't wait til Jan 4th arrive at TTR. We originally planned on Jan 11 but bumped up a week to take advantage of lower priced flight! We did use the link to alpha through this site so Steve will receive the credit. Now on to the transfers! Anyone at TTR Jan 4- 11 let us know so we can say HI and get to know you. Thanks again.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    Great to hear you have booked and thanks for using my link.

I was just thinking, since Alpha is British their base prices will be in pounds and given the dollars strength at the moment I'd bet their dollar prices are lower than ever.

Same goes for when you get here, the dollar is at 13 pesos whereas it was 10 for years. If you're paying for something in dollars that is normally priced in pesos you should get a heck of a deal. Although that wont make a difference for tours and nightclub entrance etc which are priced in dollars usually and will most likely go up in price.

Times might be tough across the board but there are ways of getting the best bang for your buck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice