Booking 3 to a room

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by davissummer24, Feb 10, 2007.

1. davissummer24

davissummer24 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking to book hotel and air package with 3 adults in 1 room. I'm reading the fine print on orbitz and travelocity that says that hotel rates are based on double occupancy and extra charges may apply at the hotel. Anyone have any experience with this? Price is 1400/person for air and hotel and I can't imaginie they are going to say that 1 person paid 1400 for just a flight and try to charge us more?

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They will most likely charge you an extra supplement for having 3 in the room.

NNot sure what it would be but you could always conact the resort and ask.

3. davissummer24

davissummer24 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Orbitz claimed via email that the supplement is included and the price is for 3 people. Considering that the flight is 400/person we are paying 3000/week for the hotel portion. It better be included! Emailing Dreams right now to confirm

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If Orbitz says it's included then it should be.

Whatever you get back from Dreams makes sure you PRINT IT OUT AND TAKE IT WITH YOU so there's no dispute if they try and charge you extra when you check in.

5. blazinwarrior78

blazinwarrior78 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked 3 to a room last year when we stayed at The Riu Cancun, we got a junior suite room=free upgrade= so we got 2 queen beds, and a Couch with hide a bed, it had great view and was really spacious and had a 'step-down' area that the tv, arm chair, and couch was at right by the balcony. There was no extra costs for booking 3 to a room, but we took Apple vacations 5 Apple Square deal, and got to stay at the Riu. Looking to get a deal like that again this year!! Spring Break here we come!

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unless the original booking is in a triple occupancy. Then YES you will have to pay a supplement. If you have two people who booked, then had one more freind just book their flight in hopes of staying with you, then YES you will ahev t pay more....I would talk to an agent before doing so

7. svenskaprincessa

svenskaprincessa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I noticed you are staying at the Dreams Resort - we leave for there tomorrow. I have e-mailed them a few times for various reasons and have received no reply. If you are in a hurry for an answer, I would call. Or have your agent call. My guess is you will not hear from them via e-mail.

8. davissummer24

davissummer24 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't received any reply from Dreams either. Other resorts I've stayed at have always responded with 5-7 days so I'll give them a little time before I pay to call MX. Haven't booked yet but we are booking as triple occupancy whdream. Just covering my bases before booking

blazinwarrior
    What a coincidence I sayed at the Riu Cancun in a jr suite last spring break. May have been there at the same time

9. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had 3 to a room at the Riu Cancun too and never had to pay anything extra.

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah you don't have to pay anything extra IF you booked the room originally as a triple occupancy. If you try and add soemone after the room was booked, ( as a double) yea than you are at the mercy of the hotel..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice