Blue Bay Club Exchange

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 1smokey, Mar 29, 2008.

1. 1smokey

1smokey Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Blue Bay Club Exchange

We have just returned (March 17-24) from a week in Mexico, but this time we stayed at the Blue Bay Club. I am posting this trip report here, as many times the same questions are asked about the exchanges between the Club and Temptations. This trip we went with another couple and all of our children, hence the reason we went to the Club. All in all we had a great time and I would recommend the Club for those with children.

If you are premier member you may go between the Club and Temptations. A free shuttle runs on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, at 4 different times (10am, 12n, 4p, 8p). The rest of the time will cost a 12 dollar taxi ride (one way).

If you are staying at Temptations and take the catamaran/snorkeling trip try to get on one that is adults ONLY. The Temptations group came over to our dock and when we boarded some of them did not look very happy about picking up a bunch of children. I could not blame them.

I always recommend taking the Friday night booze cruise and trip to Carlos and Charles. This year because of spring break it was REALLY packed. We also checked out “The City” since our children went there to party. They are 19, 20, & 25 with friends 18, 19, & 20). The wife and I hated the “City” (too crowded, smokey, and loud). The “kids” loved it, despite the fact one was “drugged”, another had her purse stolen, and two met the producer of “Girls Gone Wild” who offered to put them on film. Now they all understand why dad insisted they stay together.

I saw the new “Temptation Premier Beach Area”. It is about 12 beds and loungers for use only by “Premier Members”. It is located next to the towel hut. The area is guarded by a security person and has at least one attendant who provides you with towels and drinks. We sat there for a while but felt “funny” as I am not the type of person that wants “to draw attention”.

We did run into some cancuncare members (Paul and Liz, Tinder, and Chuck2002) to name a few. All were very nice but due to us only stopping by and staying at the Club, our contact was limited.

We have been on 6 trips to Mexico now. The earliest had been April. We noticed a notable difference in the crowds (much younger) and colder water temperatures during this trip in March. I hate to say it but it is our opinion that the people who really know how to have harmless fun and live a little are in their 30s 40s and 50s.

Will be back in September!

Cal

2. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice report Cal...

I'm sure that your post has answered several questions that others may have wanted to ask but didn't. Good, useful, accurate info is always great to have here.

I also agree with you on the 30/40/50 issue and knowing how to have harmless fun...

Michelle

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Thanks for sharing.

Kids are always asking us to take them down there. Might take them once the Club is all remodeled. I'm dreading the day my daughter wants to go hit the clubs in Cancun.

Nick and Renee

4. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hola, we are in the 50s cat, must tell you life begins agian when the kids leave home, thought the buses ran every day between th clubs and all day and most of the night
    Terry :roll:

5. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, Cal. Hope you and Michelle are doing well. Stay out of trouble, you party animal :cool:

Ronald

6. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you have any pics of the resort? Have they started the upgrades. We are thinking about taking the kids to Cancun in the next year and even though we are premier members are not sure if we will use the Club or not due to it being so far off the beaten track.

7. 1smokey

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    RonaldNTalina

I have been called many things in my life, but never a “Party Animal”
    Ron, I think you need to put your drink down and step away from the bar.

xoie's omah

They have not yet started any upgrades at the Club.
    We have pictures of the rooms and would be more than happy to email them to you.
    I do not know how to post pictures, so just PM me with your email address and I will send them out.

The Club has three types of rooms. All are your basic rooms, all face the ocean, and all have patio doors and patios. One type of room has a bar (w/small refrigerator but no alcohol). The next has a small sitting area, the last is two stories, with three bedrooms and a living room.

For the money I spent, I felt the Club was a good deal. It depends on what you want in a resort and how much you will spend for it.

Cal

8. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did the kids find it a good time! With enough for them to do?....I have been nomanated to be the shaprone for spring break in cancun. and that is one of my options that I am looking at. I will have 4 18 year old boys with me! :roll:

9. 1smokey

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I am not a person who can answer this type of question with just a yes or no.

Our group was made up of two families (12 total), who have taken vacations together for about 25 years. (Our children are B13, G15, G18, B19, G19, G20, G21, and B25). We did not go to Mexico because of Spring Break but because we wanted a family resort for a family vacation. We got what we asked for, at what I believed to be a reasonable price. The parents did agree that we wanted to introduce our children to Mexico and Spring Break in what we felt was a “controlled manner”.

The Club is not near any other resort or activities. The children could not just walk out the front door and end up on the “strip” or in another resort. I was told that at night (after parents went to sleep or were busy) the older kids 15 and up, all gathered at different locations of the resort to socialize and drink (18+). Sometimes in the bar, front steps of the resort, or beach. Either way my daughter told me that security kept an eye on them, but did not bother them. We (parents) had no problems with this.

The resort is large enough to provide everyone with their own space but not so large you get lost or can’t find each other. Every trip that is available to you when you stay at Temptations is also sold by the same company at the Club. A person, who would want to, could go clubbing with the group every night. We did not want that. The Club played the same type of games that (even the same names) Temptations does, HOWEVER they are family rated.

In my opinion the resort is family friendly and is best suited for family vacations. Two things that I did not like were that the one pool was small, (especially after you add small children) and there was a time between lunch and supper that food was not available. This I believe was the cause of the 6pm “rush” and wait at the main restaurant every day. If your 18 year olds on Spring Break are looking for a wet T-shirt contest they will not see that at the Club. Our younger children want to go back, our older children (teenagers + all told us that the trip and resort were GREAT, but when they go back to Mexico they will stay elsewhere. They said that it has nothing to do with the resort, or staff (they loved the staff) they just want to be around fewer families and more adults.

I hope this helps, if you needs anything else let me know.

Cal

10. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It did help thanks....That is what I was thnking?....to family for 4 18 yearold boys...Ill keep looking..Thanks agian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice