Blue Bay Club **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by DeRocher, Feb 9, 2005.

1. GMC.UK

GMC.UK Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is there any1 out there gonna be at bbc this march!other than my mate and i!we are both 23,and understand its gonna be quiet(the way i like it easy days and mental nights).
    just wondering if any1 has any info to help us get a clue as 2 what we can expect when we arrive?

thanks all

2. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just for the record...as of Feb 2006...The Cozumel car ferry is off of the beach and the internet access is up and running (two terminals in the hall to the right of the lobby as you walk in to the hotel).

3. Burkeman

Burkeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I knew they would move it eventually, but I thought it would be a good scene for pictures, but not going till November... Oh well.

Besides, I figured I would finally try the Quote thing, I got it!

Next I will figure out the ticker thing, just got to find the right post....

4. xx girly chick xx

xx girly chick xx Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone been here recently and got any upto date news on the hotel ? :lol:

5. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For anyone that is interested, here are a few pics of the hotel post Wilma.

[​IMG]
    New Pool

[​IMG]
    Hotel from the Marina

[​IMG]
    Looking south from the beach by the sun deck

[​IMG]
    Looking north from the beach by the sun deck

6. UKLAD

UKLAD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is that the new pool in the BBC? do i sneak a swim up bar?? :?:

7. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, that is a swim up bar that seats about 6. If you sit there, they will wait on you.

8. Meunus

Meunus Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Blue Bay Club

Does the air conditioning in the rooms work good? We heard since the huricane they have not.

Bob

9. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I was there in February, the air conditioning worked fine.

10. angel00

angel00 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blue Bay Club Review

:D Hi there, I have returned from a 2 week stay at the BBC and loved it!

When we first arrived, we were put in the accomodation across the road, which was more like self catering apartments (apparently there are no requests for sea view etc) To be honest it was nice, but we preferred to be in the hotel where all the amenities were. Although it was much quieter over there. I was asked to be moved into the actual hotel and was moved immediately.

The room was huge, overlooking the sea, with a massive kingsize bed, air conditioning was so good, you woke up freezing in the middle of the night!

The hotel was beautiful, clean and well air conditioned.

We were offered free transfer to be moved over to the Blue Bay Getaway, and being young (20's) decided to go and have a look first - yes, there are more pools, resteraunts and to be fair the buffet was bigger (not necessarily better) but we arrived there at 11am and there was no beds left, no shade - in my opinion the beach was over crowded and much smaller than the beach at BBC.

We were shown the rooms, and they were standard in comparison to those at BBC, and with a possibility of facing a busy main road. I personally didnt think the hotel itself was as breathtaking as BBC.

The entertainment (day) was very rowdy and very 18-30 tack, it just wasnt for us - we much prefer to relax on the beach in the day time - there wasnt much chance of that there, if you could get a bed.

For these reasons, we decided to stay at the BBC - although it was a 20 min ride on the free shuttle bus to the BBG, we prefered to relax in the day then travel out to all the comotion in the evening.

To be fair there was plenty of entertainment at the BBC day & night, and we really enjoyed it - every evening at 10:30 the staff took you by coach to a different nightclub, usually $40 with an free bar all night, with waiter service (you wont get this if you go on your own) so you arent stood at the bar all night. But you do have to get a taxi home which never cost us more than $10, and if you share it with another couple its even cheaper. Not bad for a 40 min taxi journey - in UK that would cost you around £50!

We ate mostly in either the buffet or the outside snack place (which was turned into an Italian in the evenings) and every day we found something enjoyable to eat - although it can be repetative by the 2nd week, but we are not fussy eaters, although the chefs will cook you something you request, if you ask them.

My only complaint about BBC & BBG is their management of the specialty resteraunts - you are given 6 vouchers, to use at either BBC or BBG and told you can book on the day between 8.30 - 11am. Dont be fooled. Every day people were queing from 8am, sometimes earlier - and what they dont tell you, is they are only allocated 5 sets of places for each resteraunt (there is only 1 at BBC) and as 1 person can book for numerous people, you get up early and queue from 8am, be 3 in the queue and still told they are fully booked!! There are also timeshare people who get first refusal, before paying guests.

In two weeks of getting up at the crack of dawn, and standing in queues, I only managed to eat twice in a speciality resteraunt - and this was not an isolated case, many of the guest in the BBC, were in the same position.

Some mornings, you could arrive at the desk at 8:15 and be told they are fully booked (even though they are not meant to take bookings before 8.30)

The chinese resteraunt at the BBG was also closed on Sun/Mon each week, but they do not inform you when a resteraunt is to be closed - so you could queue up and only be told when you get to the desk. Moan over!!

Other than that, I had a wonderful holiday at the BBC, and would definately go again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice