Blue Bay Club **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by DeRocher, Feb 9, 2005.

1. peg6897

peg6897 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jakif...as you have read, the BBC is a good family place. I went for the first time, alone, last year. I like to drink and have a good time and I was able to do that there. There were quite a few partiers there that went because the BBC is less expensive than BBG. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I spent alot of time on the deck, just laying in the sun. I also took the shuttle to BBG, went to XCaret, and went to the dinner shows that are offered. Again, I went alone so I was a bit hesitant to get too far away, but since I am going back to the same place again this year, you have to realize that it's a good value. And, there weren't that many kids there to disrupt my peaceful drinking time :D !

2. mexijon

mexijon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blue Bay Club

We just returned from a two week vacation at the BBC and it was very nice. Although the air conditioning was down in the lobby bar and dining room. We would just take the free shuttle bus to the BBG which had air conditioning and a better selection of food. The shuttle operates until about 10 at the BBC and 10:30 at the BBG. There is a city bus, the R13 which will take you to Walmart but sometimes operates inconsistantly. If you use it to get to Walmart you can take the R2 or R15 to get you to the BBG where you can take the free shuttle back to the BBC.
    When you arrive at the BBC they will try to get you to go to a welcome breakfast where you will get the hard sell time share pitch. We were warned by other guests and never attended it. They will tell you it's not a time share pitch but it is.
    We signed up to go deep sea fishing and paid $150 for me to fish and my wife to go along for just the ride. Roberto told me that it was a 28 foot boat which had bathroom facilities. It was not 28 ft. and had no facilities. A couple from Paris became very sea sick and we had to return to port. Saul did arrange for me to go for free the following Friday but we never left the bay and we caught 11 barricuda. It wasn't deep sea fishing and could not compare to Acapulco deep sea fishing.
    All things considered we had a beautiful vacation but left the BBC in the early afternoon and went on day trips or hung around the BBG where the food selection was much better. I think the rooms are better at the BBC and the atmosphere and food are better at the BBG.

3. mexijon

mexijon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blue Bay Club

I forgot to mention a couple other things about the BBC. They have no internet service. The BBG does but it's $5 for 30 minutes. A better solution is to go to Walmart where you can get 30 minutes for 80 cents.
    When you arrive you will receive 3 fine dining coupons for each week you stay. If you take some other guests to dinner as your guests and they in turn take you as their guests and you can maximize your fine dining. Also you will have to get to the front desk at 8:30 am to assure your reservation they go fast. Our favorite was the sea food restaurant at the BBG. The Oysters at the BBC does have a cool little light show when you order the flamming coffee though and the food is good.
    Also bring or buy some large insulated mugs. They give you a 2 cup coffee pot in your room and with the mugs you will find a nice coffee, capichino machine on the landing between the dining room and the lobby where you can fill your mugs and only make one trip in the morning.
    Have fun, the staff at both hotels are great and will bend over backwards to insure you enjoy your stay.

Adios,

4. peg6897

peg6897 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What about the new pool? As nice as the pics posted? Last year they had internet, across from the reception desk...is that gone? (Was hoping to send pics back to the poor souls still at work). I was there last year & never got a time-share pitch. I think they only give it to couples/families. Is the ferry still near the beach or were they able to get it out? I'm glad you had a good time. I guess it's what you are going for. Fun, partying at BBG, relaxation at BBC.

5. mexijon

mexijon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blue Bay Club

Hey Peg,
    They didin't have internet service when we were there. The Cozumel Car ferry is still beached just north of the hotel. The air conditioning in lobby bar and dining room were not fuctioning but you can still go to the BBG when it gets hot. One night when we were going to eat at the seafood restaurant all the power went out and a couple next to us said their room had been robbed at the BBG. We paid $2 a day for a room safe at the BBC and nothing was missing for the two weeks we were there. We always leave a tip for the person who cleans our room and are room was spotless and they even left notes thanking us and turned the towels into Swans and elephants. As I said before the staff are wonderful. You have to forgive the lack of air conditioning as the hurricane did a great deal of damage and they are working hard to rapair the damages. You will have fun as the weather is beautiful and the area has much to offer. We did have fun and enjoyed our vacation there and you will too. The pool was great but looses sun after about 3 pm so mornings and early afternoon is the time to be there.

6. wassy

wassy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey me and 6 6 friends are cuming ova from th uk in may, is th hotel far from th nigh clubs?

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BBC is quite a ways from the clubs.

There's no bus that runs out there so you'll have to take a taxi.

I'd say it is a good 20 minutes by taxi at least to the clubs..maybe a bit longer if you hit traffic.

8. GMC.UK

GMC.UK Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi all,this is my first post!im an stayin at the bbc in march 4 spring break(cant wait).i was just wondering if any1 knows what the colour ai wrist bands are this year?and if any1 has any ideas on how i would/could acquire a extra(just in case :lotsoflove: )
    thanks
    GMC.UK

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The wrist bands don't chnage from year to year.

If you are a first timer you get blue...reater gets silver and timeshare gets gol or red depending on where you purchased your timeshare.

You can't get an extra anywhere.....if you lose yours they charge you $50.

BBC is quite a ways from the clubs and bars and it's tough to sneak someone in.

I really wouldn't try it because either you or the person with you will have to pay a for the taxi ride back to wher they are staying.

The buses don't run out to BBC.

Karan

10. GMC.UK

GMC.UK Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks 4 the advice,it was helpfull!50$ is a bargin, if i coinsidently lose my band,get another, then find it again!obviosly if they are 2 be any guests, they wouldnt be staying long(in&out,lol,or so 2 speak)!anyway i have read most of your reports reguarding the bbc& bbg,and i cant wait 2 get there!maybe c some of you people about cancun!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice