bike shop

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Laura Mapchick, Jan 3, 2009.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey,

they have Trek bikes at the bullring bike shop - not sure if they are any good though don't know much about bikes??

And since we are not in the states you might have to go with something a little less high end - unless you order it from there. But I'm sure you'll be able to find something adequate here - if you ask the guys at the bullring they can order stuff for you - but i guess it will be a bit expensive.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess they don't have bikes to the standards of some of you high rollers (pun intended). I guess the rich folks here buy shitty bikes or go to D.F. to get one.

Just trying to help my friend Laura. Hell, she is from Iowa. Who knows what she meant by high end.

Sorry Laura.

3. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rich folk go where ever they want, they can they are rich. People that are into biking that do triathlons or Ironman competitions will spend a fortune on equipment and not own a car. I don't think you know what Laura's talking about TJ. I a sure iowas worst bikeshop is better than Cancuns best.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I personally know several people who own mountain bikes that they paid more than $5000 USD each for. People who get into cycling really spend money.

5. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So do I.

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Si*tfire I wouldnt even consider paying that kind of money for a workout. :lol:

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not sure what kind of "workout" you are talking about Gonzo but whatever kind it is I am with you! These folks are waaaaay out of my league. Best one I had was when I was in grade school--a brand new Schwinn Flyer--with streamers!! Not sure how much it cost but then that was the 50's when gas was 25.9 a gallon!

8. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh Spin, here you go again. Where is your sense of humor.

I am not sure any of us, you included, know what Laura was specifically talking about, as she was not specific. But I am sure it is not a $5,000 mountain bike.

I know you cannot get bikes here like my road bike in Florida, a 2008 De Rosa King 3. Try one of those on for size next time you go to a real bike shop. It's a real bike and it was a sight more than your $5,000 mountain bikes.

Hey RG - If you really want some of those Pearl Izumi gloves, feel free to have them shipped to my Florida address and you will have them in/on your hot little hands on or about Jan. 21. I leave Sunday, back then. Always happy to do you a favor like that, as long as I can get it in my carry on. Gloves should qualify on that count.

9. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Jim I can remember going with my dad to a guy he knew who restored "lost and stolen" bikes and this guy had up to 100 bikes in his garage. Best one I had had the banana seat and sissy bar. Dont know why they were named "sissy", but they were the hottest thing back then. I cant believe that more than 20-30 dollars was spent for those.

TJ you dont have to pedal that thing do you???? :shock:

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gonzo,

Only need to peddle up hill and there are no hills in Florida, but we do have a nearby city called Mount Dora. I don't know if there is an elevation there that I have missed seeing all these years, a hill somewhere that gave it it's name, or if there is some inuendo about a gal named Dora.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice