Beware the bump!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by fun4us, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ssgirl54

ssgirl54 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Life is short, I have been coming to Cancun for 20 years, if you go during spring break there is a larger risk of being bumped ...........in 20 years I have been bumped 7 times.........some an upgrade some not.......I have been bumped when I booked thru travel agents, thru Expedia, orbitz, bookit........airlines overbook, hotels overbook.........I have been bumped when booking thru the hotel itself.......never been to GP.....I will be going in November and there will be a room at the inn........somewhere.........the one thing I have learned.....big smile and a tip will get you what you want almost always........I would rather have the trip I planned than my money back any day......I have been all over the world.......Cancun has some of the best staff at their hotels, these men and women get paid nothing compared to their counterparts in say Uk, USA, yet they come to work everyday smile and do a great job...........FYI, of the 7 times bumped it was to another hotel twice and same hotel when I smiled did not argue and ask with a tip for an upgraded room........Cancun is a good vacation for the money...go..enjoy...smile......tip.....

2. BeatleBarley

BeatleBarley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I think it depends who you book with.

You have not heard of people moved from TTR to another resort? I have and I was only there once.

3. linda_whittington

linda_whittington Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are traveling November 2014. I've been reading through all these forms because it is our first time. I'm guessing November is a less popular time and we will not get bumped but should we...I'm going to decline and tip. How much do I need to tip? I don't want to under tip but I sure don't want to over tip also. Thanks for the input. I'm really wanting a King bed as opposed to two beds so I'm guessing I need to tip for that also. So how much to tip?

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

You don't need to tip .

If there is a room available they will accommodate you.

20 or 50 $ will not miraculously make one appear.

Sometime they have to move you the next day, if you see they made an effort to please you , feel free to tip.

Tipping the front desk in advance will only promote them to give you a bad room to start.

I always worry about tipping for an upgraded room , then having that person , who paid in advance , get bumped or downgraded.

They usually ask for volunteers to transfer and don't force you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice