Beware the bump!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by fun4us, Mar 14, 2013.

1. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    We have always had great experiences a TTR. GF wanted to try something different this time, and now we both wish we would have just returned to TTR. The Golden does have a nice big hot tub, but that is about the only thing that was better.

2. CTspec.B

CTspec.B Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have heard of the bumping thing however I will not allow this to happen to us when we go.

3. ScorpioMCN

ScorpioMCN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same here CT! I'm bringing my own cot and sleeping bag so I can sleep in the lobby at Golden..instead of at Great P which blows and smells of poopie diapers all throughout the property.

Only kidding! :)~~ :flash:

4. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I personally feel its the hotels fault no matter what, they should know when their rooms are filled (they after all, are confirming peoples reservations), they should notify all travel agencys that all rooms are taken during the specific time period...its same as if i go to jersey shore to a paticular motel, they will immediatly tell me if they have rooms or not the days i want to go...

5. ScorpioMCN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I couldn't agree with you more Tigerjohnni - this is a textbook example of horrible hotel management - i mean this isn't brain surgery - you should be analyzing all your bookings DAILY...once you're full for a particular time period, a responsible hotel who wants repeat business would immediately notify all the travel agencies it contracts with that message. To not do that, is just a clear indication they don't care about their guests and just want to pack more bodies into their other property (Great Parnassus) which probably never sells out. While the staff outside the front desk really go out of their way to make your stay as fun and comfortable as possible, I find it EXTREMELY disheartening that the management is CLUELESS about this simple courtesy.

That said, if we get bumped, we'll never return to a Parnassus-owned property. It's only hurting their guests' loyalty.

6. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree also. I will sleep on the chairs in the lobby before i will go to the Great. :deadhorse:

7. Tc123123

Tc123123 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We went through expedia and did get a hotel confirmation and I spoke directly with the hotel and they have us confirmed in an oceanfront room. I was told that expedia has priority in the hotel also if you book an oceanfront it is confirmed. The only thing tht is not confirmed is the type of bed (king or two queens)

8. ScorpioMCN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi TC ... I hate to give you bad news, but unfortunately it doesn't matter if you have a confirmation # or how much you email or speak to the hotel or not - everyone gets a hotel confirmation with their booking - I have one with CheapTickets - but it does not guarantee at all you will not be bumped..all that matters is what, if any, rooms are available the day you arrive - if they've overbooked their property, which seems more and more to be intentional and not by accident - they're going to bump everyone to Great P. I think if they hear from us they're losing loyal customers, they will stop this practice. It's not going to be good for them to lose business - because no one who chooses an adults-only property is going to accept being stuck staying at a family resort ...as people will be one-and-done with them on a bad experience and just go elsewhere after that. I would hope they would be sensible and read the bad reviews and complaints and make management changes.

9. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    If they try to bump you get a refund, wristbands, and stay with us :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

10. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

Sorry to say it but he is right. The year we got bumped we confirmed with orbitz and called and email the hotel directly to confirm. They assured us we would be fine and we weren't. Thankfully, most people who arrive after today have a better chance of not being bumped at all. It will drop even more after Easter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice