Beware the bump!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by fun4us, Mar 14, 2013.

1. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    I agree, March is not the smartest time to book in Cancun, but what happens when enough people stop booking in March and start booking the months before or after? From what I saw, the March crowd at the Golden is vacationers like us looking for a weeks get away, not the crazy spring break crowd. So you can't really blame the March overbooking at the Golden on the springbreakers. Will you basically end up with a 2-3 month peak that creates bumping the entire time? Hope not, but just saying...:huh:

2. heroto3

heroto3 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are heading to golden from the 24-31st of this month and i really hope that we dont have issues, it is our honeymoon and we booked the golden room. This is our first trip to mexico and im hoping that this doesnt happen to us and doesnt cause a bad taste, we are very excited about golden and want to enjoy this trip and meet other adults to have fun with and get to know

3. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    heroto, I hear you...especially being on a honeymoon..who wants to get sent somehwere where theres tons of kids running around. lets us know how it goes, good luck. We are actually going 4/11-4/16 and are meeting another couple from another part of the usa, thats the only reason we booked the golden was to meet up with them, or i would've went to playa del carmen to the royal (all adults and walking distance to all kinds of bars an resturants). see what happens!!!

4. heroto3

heroto3 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks we will let ya know how it goes, and sounds like yall will have fun, hopefully we can find some fun too

5. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Maybe for some people.... not for me. lol. Fonzi could take a shit in m coffee :ernaehrung005: and I'd still go back and sing GP's praises. Once you find the most beautiful woman in the world..... you don't keep looking..... you marry her. I'd love to try other resorts in Cancun but there is no reason to. I already get everything I need at GP. I try not to travel in March. April is more fun with the 30-60 crowd anyway. Regardless of the "class" of the resort.... I just go for my "family". Gamaliel, Fonzi, Samuel, Fermin, Carlos, Daniel, Jose, Katia, etc..... they work at Golden. Sometimes they fluctuate back and forth to other resorts.... but I go for them. I could live in a room without air condition, without running water and still be happy that I am at GP. It's my baby. It's kinda like the stockmarket. You don't buy a stock because it's high. It's best to buy it when it's low..... but my point is that you invest in the stock out of faith in the company. I have faith in my GP. She's apart of me.

Much like I could travel other places in the world. I've chosen cancun over visiting family many many times. It's so beautiful and so cheap. It is my place of freedom. I'm not free in America. Cancun is my home. :) <3 I love you Cancun! <3:69::flash:

6. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agrees with HammieJ, altho i wont be sharing her ccoffee lol. We have been to other places, and granted most of the other places were far nicer resorts. But the reason we have chosen to go back to the Golden says a lot for us. This is the first resort that we have ever went back to. We now have our 3 rd trip in less than a year scheduled for the Golden. It's not the resort that takes us back, it's the staff. Everyone there seems to actually enjoy what they are doing and no matter what you ask for they always go out of their way to try and make it happen for you with a smile.

7. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My two cents: I have been to other Islands in the Caribe. Some I like better than Cancun but , when ever I think of enjoying myself with people that like that I am there and treat me like I am family I always think of the Golden Parnassus. People say they have had better food, well so have I but for the price I am paying for my vacation I have to say it is some really good food. The fun I have had around the Tiki bar is beyond compare, and yes sometimes it is slow and boring but just wait a bit and if you take the ball in your own hand it will change. (Funny what a little Alcohol will do). I am going to Cozumel, Key West and Cancun this year and they will all be fun but Cancun will be the MOST. I love it.

8. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    We completely agree, the staff at the Golden are what make this resort what it is. They had more concern for our situation then management, and asked for updates, hoping today was better then the previous. Management should take lessons from their underpaid staff.

9. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've never been to gp yet, but i guess i'm different than most people....i make friends and get along with staff (joke etc etc) no matter where i go, they always remember my name thru-out my stay and treat me like number 1...i'm sure gp employees will be the same, but for me variety is the spice of life and theres just too many places i want to see, still want to go to belize, costa rica, austrailia, bali, ibiza (spain), rimini(beach resort in italy) also a few more spots in mexico...to eachs own i guess!!!!

10. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Oh yeah! I want to go to Spain, Czech Republic(to visit family), Jamaica, Belize also, Kings Wharf, Grand Cayman islands, Brazil, and Cuba especially. But I'm just sooo hooked on Cancun right now. I took a year off from visiting to have a baby. Two years is too long to be without my Cancun love! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice