Beware the bump!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by fun4us, Mar 14, 2013.

1. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    We just returned from Cancun, and want to warn others about the large amount of people that are being bumped to the Great Parnassus. We arrived early afternoon March 6th and were told that the hotel was overbooked and we were being bumped to the Great. A group of ten arrived 45min after us and all were bumped also. Even heard about a wedding party that reserved the honeymoon suite and were supposed to be married at the Golden being moved to the Great. We argued with the manager for almost two hours before getting so f*cking frustrated I could hardly speak and reluctantly accepted the bump. The group of ten and another arriving couple stayed to fight for rooms, had the police called because they would not accept, and were finally shuttled to the Great. We booked an all adult vacation with a suite, juccuzi, and stocked mini bar/fridge, and ended up with a vacation at "Disney World", no juccuzi, and no mini bar/fridge for the entire 7 night stay. The shuttle between the two hotels was supposed to run every 2 hours from 8am-10pm, but was always late(45min late on one occasion), and after staying past 10pm one evening having fun at the bar, we were told they would not shuttle us and would not comp us for a taxi. When I told them that we shouldn't have to even leave the hotel because we should have a room there, he said there was nothing he could do, and we should have been in time for the shuttle. Hotel staff at both places were awesome, but front desk and managment can suck a fat c*ck. :aktion040: If you have booked with Expedia or Orbitz, do yourself a favor and confirm you are getting what you paid for before getting there. Apple customers all seemed to get a room, but only after being told they were getting bumped and refusing. Good luck to everyone, we are disputing the charges, and won't return to this hotel.

2. Skinnermap

Skinnermap Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this because of spring break or does this happen on a regular basis? We are booked in September and we really want this hotel over the Great.

3. fun4us

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    from what I was hearing, March is their peak season. The hotel and large travel agents like Expedia both overbook expecting that there will be cancelations, or that people will accept a bump if they get a room upgrade. Both the hotel and travel agents blame the other for the overbooking

4. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    The bump seems to happen more in March than any other months, due to the spring break. Other months it has happened but I only hear or read about it for a day, two tops and they will comp you with a room upgrade and free wifi.

March is sausage fest month - Spring Break

5. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What bastards.....i'm going in april for 5 nights, hope they don't try that with us, like you said feb and mar, are peak......i will call ahead before i leave, and even ask to speak to antonio and maru....because i wont except anything but golden or an equivelent all-adult resort.

6. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Ahhhh.... These posts drive me nuts...no offense. Yes people get bumped. It's not the hotels fault and the staff aren't really trained of how to handle it. This WILL continue to happen through march until the last few days of March. APRIL peeps do not fret. You should be fine. It is RARE to ever get bumped in april. This just sends panic vibes to all travelers. As everyone knows, I've been to this hotel plenty of times. This will be my 8th visit in 23 days! I've been bumped once.... only for 1-2 days. when they called to tell us our room at the golden was available.... we declined. We enjoyed sleeping at the great and partying at the golden. They tried to bump us again in 2012 but i was kind, refused politely and tipped them and we had a room within 20 minutes.

People can call the hotel to "confirm" your room a million times. It won't help. The hotel staff arent the ones who overbook... it's all of the agencies and travel websites as well. They account for people to cancel. ALL hotels do this.

I no longer travel in Feb or March anymore because this is PEAK season. April is smarter.

Those traveling later in the year, you will be fine. please dont panic. Golden parnassus is the BEST resort I have ever been to and I will NEVER stop going there. That should say something. Even if I decide to travel in March again and I get bumped..... I will just accept it as it is. It doesn't mean you can spend all day and night at the golden. It just means you can't sleep there (unless you make a friend). If you miss the shuttle... no biggie. Walk down the hill and take a bus to the GREAT. It's only 5 1/2 pesos. Like 50 cents American. Calm down. lol. Whoa there horsey! :)

7. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :icon_lol:

8. fun4us

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    We could have accepted it too if it would have been a day or two and we were given the room we booked and not a down graded room for 8 days. Not to mention that the Great is a lower rated resort than the Golden, and the Great costs less to stay at than the Golden. We paid a premium for a nice room at a better hotel and got f*cked on both. The hotel knew before we got there that we would not have a room, neither us nor our travel agent were notified. To me, thats just shitty business. Instead of giving us advance notice, allowing us to possibly book another adults resort, they wait until you are there with your hands tied and no options. They are more worried about the money then good customer service

9. lynnshaun

lynnshaun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I hear your frustration and I would have been pissed too!! This is your vacation that you work hard for all year and to get something that you didn't pay for is just not right!! I would be fighting to get some money back too. Sorry this happened to you.

10. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hammie, i think you need to go to and see other places...lol its a big world out there, i've been all over, but when you work hard for your money and finally able to get away, you should atleast expect to get what you pay for and stay at the place you reserved...if i ran my business like that i'd be out of business, theres a sign on the wall when you first walk into the building "Customers are number 1" who the heck whats to play musical rooms and resorts...especially on a vacation thats 7 days or less... but i do agree going in april and avoiding peak months are better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice