BEWARE of the floors of Golden Parnassus

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by HammieJ, Jan 12, 2011.

1. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    whether you have both doors open(the room door and the balcony door), you just took a shower, you just came from the pool/spa, or you have the air conditioner blasting..... at times.... the floor is seriously deadly. I have almost busted my ass countless times. i always joke and say im going to crack my head open and then own the golden parnassus. lol. They are sooooo slippery when wet. ALWAYS lay towels down(we always ask for extra... they never give you a problem when you tip them! :O )

Also... the doors will slam.... and SUPER hard too if you have the balcony door open simultaneously with the room door. Some of them are starting to crack from slamming so hard. You will hears doors slam all day long anyway! lol so don't feel bad! you aren't the only one.

They do give you towels for the pool... but i always bring my own. I lay on one and if I go in the pool just use theirs for my hair. Sometimes, since i rarely use the pool towels.... i bring them to my room and use them for the floor. DO NOT lose a towel card though... they charge you!

For those of you who read the terrible reviews on trip advisor.... I was scared too. Every year I'm scared to go back(reading the reviews and thinking its gotten worse)... but it's only gotten better. I've learned to stop reading them! :) Want to know what their problem is? They probably don't tip anyone. Sure on your reservation is says tips are included.... but do you know how much that is? Probably about 50 bucks or less for your whole stay. sounds like a good amount right? Nope... That amount is split between every single person that works there. They see pennies on the dollar for your stay unfortunately. I usually bring anywhere from $100-250 USD in ones(depending on the length of my stay) and tip accordingly. for the food people: I give out one dollar for every time they come and check up on me. If i think they are coming too often(milking dollars out of me) they get nothing. :)

I give them 2 bucks for each bag i have(which is good for them since i have like 235232215 bags lol) and I always tip the lady who cleans our room 2-5 bucks a day.... or ill give her like a 20 for every 3-5 days. It's sooo cute! When i tip, and come back into the room.... there are these cute bath towel stuffed animals on the bed. So super cute. :) I have a picture of a couple of them.

Basically.... in Mexico... tips get you VERY far.

I DO NOT LIKE Fonzi from the tiki bar. I know everyone loves him.... but if that was my first time there this past year... i NEVER would have went back. I don't think i look stuck up or snobby.... but he told me that I should pack my bags and go stay at the Ritz. He was always getting on me. he wasnt even laughing when he said it. he was serious... mean faced and all. he said more but i tuned him out. I dont think i'm pretentious but how would i know! lol.

I am a wealth of info about this property. I will try to think of more tips! :) Any questions feel free to ask :)

2. Country Cut

Country Cut Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you ever been the end of May.....Is it crowded????????....We don't mind and by the number of rooms it couldn't get too crowded, we just don't want it to be like a trip we took to Jamaica that there were about maybe 10 couples at the resort the entire time. Really sucked 3 couples came with us. We could have partied at my house....lol

3. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    hahah.... Well the closest to the I ever went was April 10th-17th, 2004. There were more people than I've EVER seen there in my life! I'll have to find my pictures for that(in scrapbooks). There were people tanning and still enough people there to line all around the edges of the big pool on one side! Crazy drinking games! so fun!

I've never been in May(although I was supposed to go last year). I have heard from friends that went in November that there was only ten other people there. I think a lot of people on the Temptations forum go in May as well. You should have the opportunity for a Boobs Cruise(which i would NOT pass up! :D ) They are wayyyyy too fun! I think you should be okay in May, even at GP. There should be a posting for roll calls..... if not we can make one, that way you can meet others! Also, if you have Facebook, there are 3 golden parnassus pages (one is entitled "Golden crown paradise" <~~~ the former name of the hotel). You can meet people on there too :)

Make sure you take the free shuttle to the sister resort "Great Parnassus". Dress up with a collared shirt and slacks or a nice cocktail dress and check out the french restaurant. Make sure you order the mayan coffee(I never drink it, i just like to watch him make it! lol). It is a beautiful restaurant that I'm sure in America would have cost easily over $125 USD for two people. They also have many other restaurants to check out, including the massive buffet.

They do have an adults only pool, but there are rooms that over look it. sometimes children veer over too. I know when i took my top off to tan everyone stared at me like "what the fuck are you doing"....... i saw that it drove them nuts so i just took my bottoms off too :) haha.... Don't worry, I had a thong bottom on underneath :)

I think I may be a bit of a rebel? hm.... lol

4. Country Cut

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Way to be a rebel......I will definitely check out the facebook for GP. It would be nice to know people that are going and I already answered the May 2011 roll call. Thanks for all your help. Oh and what/when is the Boobs Cruise?????

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    hmmm In the Temptations forum... you will see threads entitled "Boobs/Booze cruise CONFIRMED" (or similar). they will have a few different dates for them every few weeks.
    Here is one of the videos for them Steve posted....
    [ame=]YouTube - Booze Cruise Cancun

They are for those who want to have an amazing time and make a lot of memories! I had the MOST fun of my whole trip on this cruise! I thought it would be iffy but by the end of that day i was wishing I could take that cruise every day! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  6. Country Cut

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I can't seem to find the golden parnassus pages on facebook. Can you give me the links. I would appreciate it. I have looked everywhere and searched everything and can't find an active page that I can join. Thanks

7. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
  8. Country Cut

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    not a problem! :D

10. StaceyJerseyShoreGirl

StaceyJerseyShoreGirl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    my husband and are actually going to the GP 05/21/11 thru 05/28/11 ... maybe we will see you there! :eek:)

If there isn't a roll call yet for May 2011, we should totally start one!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice