best value for money hotels for spring break?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by gorjess88, Nov 1, 2007.

1. gorjess88

gorjess88 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey guys,
    I'm *hopefully* coming from Australia to cancun for spring break. I'm just wondering what the best hotel is to stay at, for value for money. I was thinking Oasis but i've heard you can get restricted from places if your on spring break or something? I've also heard the rooms are dodgy and there are leaks and yellow water that comes from the taps? :lol: A part of me doesnt mind because i'd be out at night and trying to sunbake during the day, but still. Is there any other all inclusive hotels that are recommended? I don't want to spend alot of money because airfares to cacun will cost me like $2800.
    thanks guys, your helps greatly appreciated!!!
    Jess

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Here are very popular spring break hotels that offer all inclusive:

Dos Playas(great location, decent hotel, lots of students)
    Gran Caribe Real(good location, nice place!)
    Oasis Palm Beach(NICE place, plenty of students)
    Grand Royal Lagoon(student favorite, good location)

Well those are just a few, but those are all all-inclusive and are spring breaker favorites as far as the majority of people staying are spring breakers.

3. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Even though Matty and I had good times at the Grand Royal Lagoon, they don't have food on site (snacks only at the bar), and it is on the lagoon.

I've seen great deals lately at the Barcelo Costa (nice place but a little farther from the party zone... still just a busride away though), Dos Playas, Oasis Viva, Oasis Palm Beach, Gran Caribe Real, and Park Royal (not so much a spring break hotel, but good price and location)

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    $2800? Where in Australia are you coming from? I have never flown to Australia but that sounds crazy. I did a quick search, I see fare on orbitz.com for only $2300 (from Sydney). Or you can get creative, like buy two RT tickets: Sydney<->LA for $1800 and LA<->Cancun for $360.

Finding good travel deal is all about being flexible/creative and having patience to wait for a deal. My Cancun 2008 trip from NYC with 5 nights hotel at ME(http://www.mebymelia.com) only cost me $1000ish. I don't have AI (I like to go out and eat) but a 4 star hotel room all to myself for $120 (total cost minus how much airfare would cost alone then divide by 5) a night ain't too bad at all. I got an early bird special at ME when I booked last month (plus a $200 off orbitz air+hotel package coupon), booking now would cost $400 a night for the exact same room.

Last year, I paid about $1000ish too for trip from NYC with 5 nights at Omni. Then my friend decided to come at last minute but that only cost $400 more for her airfare. That's another advantage of staying at non-AI hotels, you get to add a last minute guest a lot easier I think. AI hotels have the stupid wristband system and hassle you when you try to bring other people in and etc. I just don't like to deal with that when I am on vacation. As for cost of drinks, you can always just go to Walmart or the convenient store across the street and buy a bunch of whatever you like (or use duty free store at the airport on the way to Cancun) instead of drinking the cheap water down AI alcohol.

6. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so henry, want to have the patience to find the best park n fly hotel for me in buffalo? haha cause i dont have anymore patience...

btw welcome the boards. :wave:

7. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's a park and fly hotel? Do you mean a hotel near the airport where you can park your car overnight? Last time when stay at Buffalo overnight for a early morning flight, I used priceline and got a 3 star (it's really more like a 2.5 star in my opinion) for $35 a night.

8. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  9. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, with long term parking. That I don't know. I am too poor to own a car.

10. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there is nothing on page but drop down menu?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice