Best Tours to take in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ham23662, Mar 19, 2007.

1. ham23662

ham23662 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be taking my 2nd trip to Cancun on May 5th, and am wanting some tips on what to do. The last time I was there my buddy got so homesick he wouldn't leave the hotel. This time I am going with a group of friends that I am sure will have a good time. Any recomendations on any MUST-DO'S would be appreciated!!

Thanks alot!

Also, Will alot be going on for Cinco de Mayo?? We are hoping it will be a good time!!

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What's up your alley? Water activities? Mayan ruins? Local culture? Eco-tourism?

3. ham23662

ham23662 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the water, but all of us are wanting differant things. We are up for what ever people recommend. We want to see as much as possible, so if there is a tour that has several things incorporated in with it, that would be great!

4. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Like Michael said, depends on your taste and style.

If you're looking for adventure - definitely a day at Chichen Itza touring the ruins, a snorkel trip with one of the reputable companies (e.g. Aqua Fun or Aqua World) or even better, through Brent - see EP card below, zip line over at Isla Mujeres, visit the cenotes, or scooter adventure around Cozumel.

If more laid-back - still suggest a day at Isla Mujeres, but spent relaxing on beach all day drinking and eating. Or spend an evening simply walking around downtown Cancun.

If looking to party - do a different club each night. Best is Coco Bongo or The City. Some hotels will set up a tour each night with a rep, including your transportation to clubs and VIP passes.

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you like adventure and a tour that includes several things, you might consider these:

A tour of Sian Ka'an, which includes kayaking, snorkeling, trekking, climbing the ruins at Muyil, lunch with authentic Mayans, etc.
    http://www.e-travelsolution.com/reservations/partners.aspx?ID=50&Type=tour&Asoc=cuncare

As Val said, Chichen Itza is a must. The most visited ancient Mayan city in Mexico and a UNESCO World Heritage site:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/tours/chichenitza/chichenitza.htm

ATV, cenotes, zip lines...lots to do on the ATV tour:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/tours/atv_tour/atv-tour-cancun.htm

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Proly won't find any Cinco de Mayo activities in Cancun. It's not really celebrated there....more of an American thing.

Michelle

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah, the list is long of things to do. Lots of good things mentioned already, I would add Xelha or Xcaret for a day that will have a wide variety of activities, something for everyone.

8. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would reccomend chichen itza if you are interested in the ruin thing or maybe even the xel-ha/tulum tour as it combines the ruins with a nice nature park. I visited xcaret and thought it was awesome. A visit to Isla Mujeres is also a must either on your own or through one of the tours offered. I think i am gonna do the pirate cruise the next time i am there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice